We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows [Rate The Show] Benefit @ Rev. Jim’s Roadhouse

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Xman
    Participant

Guess no one went..huh:huh:

moparkid25
    Participant

Xman wrote:

Quote:
    Guess no one went..huh:huh:

Don’t say it, Zac… Don’t say it… :pinch:

circletrack
    Participant

Talked to a couple people regarding this show and there were about 20-25 cars there. I hope they raised what they wanted to, it’s hard to have an event like that with not much advertising and it was a holiday weekend.

I don’t know if too many even know where the place is located, I’ve never been there and don’t plan to be anytime soon. Kudos to the Lake WI Cruisers for helping one of their own.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have received several updates from Belinda Posto of the Lake Wisconsin Cruisers, and I was there, also.

All told, there may have been 35 to 40 cars, many that you don’t see at the local car shows. There were cars from the Wisconsin Summer Cruisers, Lake Wisconsin Cruisers, Badgerland Mustang Club, Muscle Car Performance and others. There was a very nice assortment of drivers, show cars, trucks and motorcycles.

It did rain for a few minutes in mid afternoon, but the cars were wiped down, dried off, and the show went on.

I have heard that the benefit raised about $1,500 or more for Jim Caudle’s medical expenses. WPS sponsored many of the door prizes, and a Rodder’s Rep from the GoodGuys organization presented Glenn Phipps with the Rodder’s Rep award.

Eclipse-Tuner (Nick) and his wife (girlfriend?) deserve a round of applause. They both worked tirelessly, the entire show, running the silent auctions and handing out door prizes. In addition, Nick donated several pieces of his artwork, as did Frank Schlumpf. There were several very nice Harley Davidson jackets donated, also.

I enjoyed this event, and it’s always a pleasure to help out someone in need.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I meant to type Glenn Phippen, not Glenn Phipps.

Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

Thanks for the kudos. My wife and I had a lot of fun.

The show did suffer from last minute advertising, but at least we were able to raise some money and help out a bit.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I love my artwork, 1 of 1, by Nick (Eclipse_Tuner).
    I bought one of the several pieces that he did for the benefit. Mine is of a powder blue 1957 Chevy Convertible, a tail fin view from the passenger side, back.

This piece is being proudly displayed above my work bench in the garage, and I have received several comments from neighbors on how much they like it and good the work is. Thanks again for your great work on this piece, and your hard work at the benefit. Who knows, you may decide to become a car show organizer and do one of your own in the future! I would think that a judged import/tuner show would be a big hit in Madison!

Marshall

jonmandude
    Participant

MMRJR wrote:

Quote:
    Who knows, you may decide to become a car show organizer and do one of your own in the future! I would think that a judged import/tuner show would be a big hit in Madison!

Marshall

I could help a little if you do. I would definitely be down for a show like that.

GTO Man

Sounds like a good turnout for a great cause. I was planning on going but was out of town that day. Marshall, congratulations on the best of show.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks, GTO Man.

I was honored and very happy to get an award at that show. I had a chance to talk with Jim Caudle and his wife after the show, and he told me that he was not really a “Ford” guy, but picked my Mustang as the Best Of Show because of the “attention to detail” that impressed him the most.

We all, once again, will have another opportunity to help out a fellow “car girl” at the upcoming car show at the VFW in Madison, July 23rd. I don’t have alot of details at this point, but I would ask that everyone think about bringing a donation for a silent auction and/or door prize donations. I will post more info as it becomes available from Frank & Jessie Schlumpf, or Lance Peterson and Muscle Car Performance or the Lake Wisconsin Cruisers Car Club.

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Congrats Marshall on the best of show! I’m glad to hear that this show was able to raise support as it was intended to do

Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

Lol, sounds like Ill have to get some more artwork together for it then. Let me know the details when you get them.

circletrack
    Participant

Marshall ~ did you get a new ride?

Congrats on the award, I’ll never forget when I won Best of Show… amazing feeling knowing other recognize your car that much!

Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

I can confirm that there will be a benefit show for Belinda sometime later this summer. She wasnt feeling well at Jim’s benefit, and has recently been admitted to the Mayo Clinic.

She’s done a lot for the local car community and the WLC group, so I hope we can return the favor.

When I have more concrete details, I will start a thread, etc.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nick, Thanks for posting this update. I will watch for more details on this. We can return the favor. Belinda has “paid it forward” on many occasions.

This benefit fundraiser for Belinda will be held in conjunction with the VFW Show (Highway CV in Madison). At this point, I am not clear on the date. I had heard it was Sunday, July 26th, but the VFW Show is scheduled on the WCC calendar for Sunday, August 23rd. I do not know which date is correct.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.