We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows [Rate the Show] Don Miller Sunday September 9

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – A- Very easy to find
    Parking Location – B+ Parking lot, room for canopies on the side.
    Class Organization – B+
    Trophies & Prizes – B
    Food – B+ Good food from Brat & Brau
    Entertainment – C Hard to hear the music
    Judging – B
    Dash Plaque – B Kind of small
    Variety of Cars – B Pretty good variety of cars
    Bathrooms – B Inside the dealership
    Weather – A Great day for a car show
    Trophy Presentation Timing – A Early by an hour or so
    Entry Fee – $10 Typical fee
    Overall Rating:B+ Good show, reat weather.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

Any other ratings

Amigo2k

How many cars? How many imports?

GTO Man

I would say about 90 cars, no imports that I saw.

circletrack
    Participant

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – Easy to find if you are from Madison, I saw many cars driving past the entrance so I would suggest having a sign by the road or something on that line.
    Parking Location – Great, plenty of room!
    Class Organization – None
    Trophies & Prizes – Nice auto related door prizes, I think everyone got something.
    Food – Brat & Brau is good anytime!
    Entertainment – The music was hard to hear at times, but then many around had the Packer game on! :)
    Judging – I only saw one guy from the Dells Area Cruisers (I think) doing the judging and he seemed to be doing a good job.
    Dash Plaque – Small, but nice.
    Variety of Cars – Lots of local cars, some of the club cars were new to me.
    Bathrooms – Inside the building, works for me.
    Weather – Super!!!!
    Trophy Presentation Timing – I like it when shows do awards between 2-2:30, 4:00 tends to make the day very long.
    Entry Fee – $10, expected and normal
    Overall Rating: B I know the GTO/Pontiac club works hard to make this show happen. They did a great job, I’d like to see this show grow more in the future. Maybe other clubs can help out and or another location may work? We had a nice time!

moparkid25
    Participant

I’m guessing that the magical and astounding ’92 Corvette didn’t win best of show this year? icon_cheesygrin.gif

icon_headbang.gif

GTO Man

Correct, best of show was a ’72 or so Cuda from the Spring Green area I believe. It is a beautiful car which was trailered there, it was also at the Spring Green show.

circletrack
    Participant

That Cuda is an amazing car, do they drive that car at all? I looked at it in Spring Green ~ wow!

Amigo2k

I think they would get more cars and more people stopping by to check out the show if they had it at their East Wash location….

jonmandude
    Participant

The Black 91 Vette that won last year belonged to a friend of mine. He sold it to a doctor in Chicago. The doctor sold it at Meechum this year for an amazing… get this…$19,000.

jonmandude
    Participant
    Quote:
    I would say about 90 cars, no imports that I saw.

They were all afraid of losing to me again. LOL. But seriously, there were only a few imports there last year and my Maxima took best of 5 or more mods. That is the real beauty of this show, there is so much variety.
    hood2.jpg

circletrack
    Participant
    Quote:
    The Black 91 Vette that won last year belonged to a friend of mine. He sold it to a doctor in Chicago. The doctor sold it at Meechum this year for an amazing… get this…$19,000.

I think it was a red 92 that’s won the last couple years, but I could be wrong. Where has “Doc” been this year? I haven’t seen him at all?!

jonmandude
    Participant

With the black vette sold, he hasn’t had a desire to go to shows. plus he has had some health issues..diabetes.

I think I know the red vette too. they are both friends.

moparkid25
    Participant
    Quote:
    I think it was a red 92 that’s won the last couple years, but I could be wrong. Where has “Doc” been this year? I haven’t seen him at all?!

Yeah, it’s the red one.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The “Cuda” is a trailered show queen. It is not driven at all. It is trailered to the shows and displayed and then trailered out. It is an amazing, amazing car.

I, too, hope that this show grows in the coming years. It is competing against the Platteville Dairy Days Show on it’s current date. I have attended this show in years past as a spectator, and brought my car this year for the first time. It’s a good “in our own backyard” show, and I had a great time at this one!

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.