We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Recommendations for car insurance?

• Creator
    Topic
    moparkid25
    Participant

I currently have State Farm, both for my truck and my car. Long story short, my agent is a twit and ive busted him twice for lying to me. I have awesome rates which is a suprise because my driving record is so colorful thanks to my younger, more free spirited years.

Im looking for a company where I can have both vehicles insured, but have the car insured for agreed value in case of a catastrophe. I checked into Heacock for the car, and i think the quote i got was more than fair for a $0 deductable and no mileage limitations as I like to drive my car when i feel like it.

I would also like to deal with someone locally, so if I had an issue i can talk with someone in person. Any recommendations?

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Amigo2k

I have Wisconsin Mutual for my truck and Hagerty for my GTO … Hagerty is super cheap for collector car insurance.

GTO Man

I have Baer Insurance for the daily driver and Hagerty for collectors. Have been very happy with both.

moparkid25
    Participant

Doesnt Hagerty have driving/mileage restrictions on there policies? If I want to put 8-10k miles a year on my collector I feel I should have that right.

I got a “quote” from Heacock for $283 a year, and that with $0 deductable for full coverage. I havent called them to confirm yet, but that almost seems too good to be true. I am awaiting estimates from American Family, as I do a lot of work for the agent in Mt. Horeb. He is a really good guy, but has said in the past “Im too expensive when it comes to your insurance.” If that isnt honesty I dont know what is. All I know is when I get my car insured its going to be insured for agreed value.

mdunn6
    Participant

Westbend , for house,shop,car/ truck
    Hagerty for Mustang
    My agent will do it all, even the hagery with no
    extra fee for it.

Amigo2k

I think the main thing is that don’t want you to use your collector to go to and from work ….

http://www.hagerty.com/Collector-car-insurance/Do-I-qualify

moparkid25
    Participant

I contacted Hagerty and American Collectors Insurance at lunch for quotes today. Hagerty went thru the interview process, then stated I would have driving restrictions as some pleasure driving is allowed but I would only be able to really drive my car to and from shows. I told them i drive my car 5-6k miles a year because thats what I have it for. They recommended I just stay where im at for coverage as I have it pretty good for being able to drive my car.

ACI gave me a quote for $358 a year for full coverage with no driving restrictions so i can use my car as I see fit. More or less he same coverages as Heacock, but more expensive. My Dad had ACI coverage on one of his old cars, and was happy with them. Of course, his driving record isnt as impreasive as mine :whistle:

Im going to go around and talk with some agents tomorrow when i get done work for insurance rates.

Blown69RS
    Participant

I have Grundy for my Camaro…. all kinds of added extras included with coverage, no mileage restrictions, true agreed upon coverage, no deductible, extremely easy to deal with… Hagerty couldn’t come close to equal coverage (and really probably wouldn’t even cover my car due to mods). Give Grundy a shot, worth a try at least for your collector car.

moparkid25
    Participant
    Blown69RS wrote:
    I have Grundy for my Camaro…. all kinds of added extras included with coverage, no mileage restrictions, true agreed upon coverage, no deductible, extremely easy to deal with… Hagerty couldn’t come close to equal coverage (and really probably wouldn’t even cover my car due to mods). Give Grundy a shot, worth a try at least for your collector car.

Thanks for the info Russ. I contacted Grundy this afternoon to get a quote, and honestly they have the best rate so far and will allow me to use my car as I see fit. When reading the fine print on there website, it states that my collector vehicle cannot be used as a secondary daily driver, commuter, etc. I asked the guy on the other line what I can’t use my car for because its mine and he said “We understand what a car is designed for. You can’t enjoy it unless you’re driving it, we just don’t want them being driven every day year round.” That’s not a problem in WI! The total cost for the coverages with a $0 deductable is $271/year.

I was quoted the same from an independent insurance agent in Madison who was recommended to me by a friend of mine. For the Buick scenario, I think this may be the route to go, but I’m going to look over all options before I settle.

ss396
    Participant

William Torhorst out of Oregon. He drove to Mcfalrand late last night and picked my wife up when her car broke down. Thats service!!! They have several options for insurance carriers too. Give him a shout ans tell I sent you. They will take good care of you!

moparkid25
    Participant
    ss396 wrote:
    William Torhorst out of Oregon. He drove to Mcfalrand late last night and picked my wife up when her car broke down. Thats service!!! They have several options for insurance carriers too. Give him a shout ans tell I sent you. They will take good care of you!

I know Bill, and yes he is a very nice and personable guy. Ive met with all of the insurance agents in mt horeb now and am awaiting quotes from them. I want to do business as local as I can.

intmdatr3
    Participant

Lots of good info talked about here. I am talking with Grundy now to insure the Monte. They seem to offer the better rate as well as good options. Thanks for all the input discussed here.

moparkid25
    Participant

I got some proposals from my local American Family agent, and I am more than impressed with the rates they have offered me on both vehicles! Granted, I carry high deductables on both vehicles to keep my rates affordable. AmFam also insures collector vehicles for values based on appraisals, so I only have to find someone to appraise my car (my business cant do it due to the fact there could be conflict of interest involved) to guarantee the value.

Im thinking I will be going with them in the coming weeks.

Blown69RS
    Participant

Zac…
    Theres been a ton of debate (and argument…) on many forums about whether or not American Family and State Farm truly offer “Agreed Upon Value Coverage”… (appraisal or not), without trying to implement depreciation percentages when trying to collect an a damage claim. This is strictly concerning Collector car coverage….

Just be sure you’re getting exactly what you think when going with their coverage. Just trying to pass along concerns (and regrets) of other guys I’ve heard stories from over the years. If you’re comfortable with what the agent has told you, thats what matters most. Hopefully you’ll never need to make a claim anyways.

See ya around this summer probably somewhere…. have a good weekend,
    Russ

Amigo2k

Mecum is offering insurance now …

http://www.mecum.com/mci/

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.