We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows Reedsburg Annual Car Truck and Cycle Show

• Creator
    Topic
    Luxuryliners
    Participant

[article]1702[/article]

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    circletrack
    Participant

Sounds like one to attend next year!

moparkid25
    Participant

I went to this show for the last time in ’09. Here is an excerpt of my RTS:

First, the classes listed on there flyer were not the classes they had at the show. They listed Trailered class, Survivors, and a few others. Instead those classes were integrated into the stock or modified classes with 19 year spans, WTF? I asked two guys wearing “event staff” t-shirts where there classes disappeared to, and they both passed the buck.

Then, the judging was also a joke. One judge spent about 17.542768 seconds on DDHemi’s car, then the guy who judged my car just popped open the door without permission! Did the same to my girlfriends’ car, but when he got to my friends car that was next in line, the judge asked his wife if it was ok.

Then comes awards time. First, a POS 70 charger thats flat black wins an award over cars that are actually nice. This royally pissed me off, but not as bad as the 08 Challenger that won Best of Show Stock, along with a class award. Another show where cars win multiple awards and deserving vehicles get screwed. If knowledge serves me correctly, one vehicle got 3 awards – Best in Class, Best Mopar, and Best of Show Modified. It’s a damn nice car, but one car = one award. Then, they only gave two awards per class! The class I was in (since they lied about a survivor class) was stock 1970-89. There were over 15 cars in this class!!! I’m so flabbergasted I have a loss for words-how often does that happen?! Heres my list of all the cars that got screwed IMO:

Blue 70 Coronet R/T
    Green 68 Hemi Charger
    Green Nova (68?)
    Black 79 Trans Am
    Burgundy 76 Coupe DeVille (survivor)
    Yellow late 30s/early 40s Ford Coupe
    Black C3 Corvette
    Black 67 Chevelle w/ flames
    And there’s more, but these are the ones who stick out.

Overall a waste of a day, I could’ve planted more wildflowers at home! Another show where they got judges that don’t know WTF they are doing, and vote for the local boys. More than one occasion the guy in charge knew the award winners. This show used to be a good show, I’m not really sure whats happening.

I won’t be back.”

This was also the show where the organizer got on here and tried flashing his badge around to be a keyboard cowboy with me.

circletrack
    Participant

Hmmm!

Luxuryliners
    Participant

While I will say that I brought my 88 Buick Electra Park Avenue out just to avoid the ridiculous 90-present class that my unrestored 90 Cadillac would get stuck in, this is far from the only show that adheres to that class. It seems to me that the staff have made some improvements in judging and show operations since moparkid25’s experience in 2009. Some of the highlights are a car from the 60’s (65 can’t recall what) winning best of show stock and a 1933 Pontiac (I was so jealous of this car it was awesome) winning best of show Modified.

[attachment=102]GEDC1675.JPG[/attachment]

They still don’t have the survivor class, the explanation I received last year was that there was a lack of interest but it really sounded like they didn’t want to hassle with determining what were really survivors and which had too much restoration or modification done. I can recall in the four doors, vans, and wagons class (class I had considered entering before I chose 80-89) that two very nicely restored cars a 55-56 Chevy and a very nice Chrysler won and they IMHO were quite deserving. In my own class there were 4 cars, 3 of which had under 90,000 miles on them and a very well presented Oldsmobile 442 (could have had low miles didn’t see). With us judges visited multiple times particularly addressing the engine bay as interiors and exteriors on these cars were all very nice; and it took them some time to determine a final winner based on that. I believe one person did get a few awards with a best of class and best GM or something to that effect which I don’t entirely agree with (if he had multiple cars I stand corrected) but my point is not to condemn this show as it seems to be showing improvement over time.

Attachments:
    GTO Man

I was tempted to go to Reedsburg instead of Edgerton this year, but next …

Luxuryliners
    Participant

I’ve got the photos up for this show so you can check out the variety if you wish: http://www.wiscollectorcar.com/photogallery/thumbnails.php?album=523 Anybody take pictures in Edgerton…a show I’ve considered going to the last few years but I like heading in a direction other than East to start off the day sometimes!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.