We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions Restaurants you DON’T enjoy…

• Creator
    Topic
    moparkid25
    Participant

Since I started a thread about those eatery’s I like, let’s start one about the one’s we don’t like:

Quaker Steak & Lube. I love the atmosphere at the place, but not the food. I’ll go there for beers with the guys and car night, but I’ll eat dinner at home beforehand.

Hooters. Big suprise they closed, there food sucked. Heck, the “whole place” wasn’t really anything to enjoy unless you’re 16 years old.

Any seafood joint, like Red Lobster or Joe’s Crab Shack. I hate seafood. I can handle a lil Chicken of the sea, but only on toast in salad form.

Applebees. The food tastes like the plates they serve it on.

Olive Garden. I’ll only force down a meal here because my mom likes to go there. I had such a bad experience at the one on the west side a couple years ago, I’ll never go back. I take Mom to the East Side to eat.

Taco Bell. The last time I ate a taco bell was July. I got so sick from it I had to take the next day off work to recouperate. Before that, it had been about two years since I ate at one…and the same condition occured-the stomach flush. Both times it was from eating at the one on Park Street, that may have had something to do with it but I refuse to eat at any TB anymore.

Subway. After while, all the sandwiches taste the same. Poor Jared.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    circletrack
    Participant

Steve got very sick at Taco Johns a few years back also and hasn’t touched their food since. I’ve tried it a few times and it seems fine, I agree ~ stay away from the Park Street location! :)

lordairgtar
    Participant

The smell that emanates from Taco Bell is the exact same smell at the city dump. I personally cannot stand George Webbs.

circletrack
    Participant

circletrack wrote:

Quote:
    Steve got very sick at Taco Johns a few years back also and hasn’t touched their food since. I’ve tried it a few times and it seems fine, I agree ~ stay away from the Park Street location! :)

I meant to say Taco Bell, we LOVE Taco Johns and their potato ole’s.

Xman
    Participant

:angry: Oh did anyone mention Gus’s Diner in Sun Prairie :angry: A$$ of an owner and the food is to expensive.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Speaking of Taco Bell:

Taco Bell Launches New ‘Morning After’ Burrito

Quote:
    PURCHASE, NY—Hot on the heels of last week’s FDA approval, on Monday PepsiCo subsidiary Taco Bell launched its controversial “morning after” burrito, a zesty, Mexican-style entree that prevents unwanted pregnancies if ingested within 36 hours following intercourse.

Developed by a team of top Taco Bell gynecologists, the $1.99 “ContraceptiMelt” burrito creates an inhospitable environment within the womb, causing fertilized ovum tissue to be flushed from the body.

Also available are ContraceptiMelt Supremes, featuring sour cream and extra cheese.

Taco Bell officials are excited about the offering. “In the past, before Roe v. Wade, young women literally had to ‘make a run for the border’ to terminate an unwanted pregnancy,” Taco Bell public relations director Grant Lesko said. “But now, women can make that same run for the border at over 7,300 convenient locations right in their own hometowns.”

Full Story

jonmandude
    Participant

I have to disagree with some of your choices Zac. Each restaurant you listed has at least something worth eating

moparkid25 wrote:

Quote:
    Since I started a thread about those eatery’s I like, let’s start one about the one’s we don’t like:

Quaker Steak & Lube. I love the atmosphere at the place, but not the food. I’ll go there for beers with the guys and car night, but I’ll eat dinner at home beforehand.

I know many of you expect me to slam QSL because of my past there, but I will not on this subject. The burgers are very good. I do miss the Carolina Burger. It was my favorite item on the menu. I never knew why it was removed. It can still be ordered however. The wings were better during the first year they were opened, then they started messing with cooking times.

Hooters. Big suprise they closed, there food sucked. Heck, the “whole place” wasn’t really anything to enjoy unless you’re 16 years old.

Hooters had/has one item I go there for..the ultimate ham and cheese. It is good. And unlike QSL the wings at Hooters are cooked completely

Any seafood joint, like Red Lobster or Joe’s Crab Shack. I hate seafood. I can handle a lil Chicken of the sea, but only on toast in salad form.

I will agree with you here. I hate both of these places. Red Lobster is a joke and Joe’s Crab Shack is even worse. Overt priced horrible (i guess you could call it) food

Applebees. The food tastes like the plates they serve it on.

No comment

Olive Garden. I’ll only force down a meal here because my mom likes to go there. I had such a bad experience at the one on the west side a couple years ago, I’ll never go back. I take Mom to the East Side to eat.

This one surprises me. I have never had a bad meal at Olive Garden

Taco Bell. The last time I ate a taco bell was July. I got so sick from it I had to take the next day off work to recouperate. Before that, it had been about two years since I ate at one…and the same condition occured-the stomach flush. Both times it was from eating at the one on Park Street, that may have had something to do with it but I refuse to eat at any TB anymore.

Why does anyone eat at Taco Bell? It has got to be the worst thing on the planet to eat.

Subway. After while, all the sandwiches taste the same. Poor Jared.

I like Subway, but you are correct the sandwiches are bland

Now with all of that said, let me add some good.

Chipolte! My god their burritos are good. A little pricy but compared to Taco Bell worth every penny.

Joey’s Seafood, I have over filled myself a couple times on Monday nights with the all you can eat crab legs. Also their seafood pasta rocks.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I like to spice up Subway sandwiches with banana peppers and jalapenos. Those give the sub some kick!

moparkid25
    Participant

jonmandude wrote:

Quote:
    I have to disagree with some of your choices Zac. Each restaurant you listed has at least something worth eating

Wrong. Every place does not have something worth eating. I like chicken, but hate wings. Call me weird, you won’t be the first. I didn’t expect you to bash QSL either, you’re a big boy now :P

Never had Chipotle, where’s that at?

Now if I could the love of my life to eat the “morning after” burrito… The possibilites are endless :whistle:

GTO Man

Places where there is a long wait to be seated.

jonmandude
    Participant

moparkid25 wrote:

Quote:
    jonmandude wrote:

Quote:

Wrong. Every place does not have something worth eating. I like chicken, but hate wings. Call me weird, you won’t be the first. I didn’t expect you to bash QSL either, you’re a big boy now :P

Never had Chipotle, where’s that at?

Now if I could the love of my life to eat the “morning after” burrito… The possibilites are endless :whistle:

The Lube has more than wings. Their Burgers are pretty good.

Chipotle has three locations in Madison, West on Old Sauk, Downtown near Brats, and across from East Towne.

And if she is the “love of your life” why would you need a morning after burrito?

Xman
    Participant

I don’t think he wants any little Taco’s running around..lol :woohoo:

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.