We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Resto-Mod Or Original Restoration

• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 19 years ago by Anonymous.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

We have seen many cars that have undergone restoration to modern day works of art. Some of these vehicles have been restored to period correct technology and components but at the same time we have seen restored cars equipped with the latest performance technology and amenities.

Which do you prefer? Period correct restoration or the restoration modification route.

I’ve become a fan of resto-mod. I feel you capture the timeless design and style with the best performance enhancements from today’s technology.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Personally I like to try and restore it to the original beauty. Its also nice to add some enhancements too like FM radio, cd player, ect ect but keep it within the original design (no big extra speakers in the trunk). I wouldn’t go as far as to try and have matching numbers on everything, IMO that’s just too far.

GTO Man

I like both. Both take alot of talent. There is certainly more creativity used in a Resto-Mod.

Like you say you have the dependability of today’s parts along with the stylish looks from yesterday. I would imagine ther is alot more time involved in a Resto-Mod. I restoring I have done on cars has been to the original and that can be time-consuming also if you are doing a good job.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I like both. Both take alot of talent. There is certainly more creativity used in a Resto-Mod.

Like you say you have the dependability of today’s parts along with the stylish looks from yesterday. I would imagine ther is alot more time involved in a Resto-Mod. I restoring I have done on cars has been to the original and that can be time-consuming also if you are doing a good job.

It really does take alot of time and talent. You always run into problems that you don’t anticipate….

Anonymous
    Inactive

If you are going to take the time and work and money, restore it like it was.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    If you are going to take the time and work and money, restore it like it was.

Make it shine like it was ment to shine.

Anonymous
    Inactive

yes, the beautiful machine it was meant to be.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.