We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Retro class

• Creator
    Topic
    lordairgtar
    Participant

I think some car shows might benefit from a class like this if their show is geared toward newer cars.
    Volkswagen New Beetle
    Pt Cruiser
    HHR
    New Camaro
    New Challenger
    New Mustang
    Prowler
    …any car styled to resemble a earlier version of that car. I guess you could drop Excaliburs, Clenets, Zimmers and such into this class as well.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi to all!

This is Jeffz.30 yrs. of age.From Italy!
    Im new on this forum!

Thank’s everyone!
    Good Luck!…….

moparkid25
    Participant

lordairgtar wrote:

Quote:
    I think some car shows might benefit from a class like this if their show is geared toward newer cars.
    Volkswagen New Beetle
    Pt Cruiser
    HHR
    New Camaro
    New Challenger
    New Mustang
    Prowler
    …any car styled to resemble a earlier version of that car. I guess you could drop Excaliburs, Clenets, Zimmers and such into this class as well.

In My Opinion, The retro class would not work. The camaro/challenger/mustangs usually go in a Modern Muscle class, and a lot of shows are adapting this class to accomodate those cars. Prowlers, even though there a V6, would better fit in a two-seat sports car class. I’m not sure you could get a lot of HHR’s and PT Cruisers to pick up the slack :huh:

Not trying to shoot your idea down, because it is a good idea. Maybe in a metropolitan area you would get enough traffic for that class, but around my area I think it would be a bust.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Diddo. :)

lordairgtar
    Participant

Well, I tried!

GTO Man

I would agree with the modern muscle class with the new Camaro, Challenger, Charger, GTO and Mustang.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.