We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions Shorewood Apartment Complex

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

Allot of controversy about this project that would have lower income housing than Shorewood is used to.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    lordairgtar
    Participant

No links? No info? What?

GTO Man

GTO Man wrote:

Quote:
    Allot of controversy about this project that would have lower income housing than Shorewood is used to.

Here is the link, I wasn’t in a position to post it earlier:

Shorewood Apartment Complex Article

Anonymous
    Inactive

Personally, I am outraged and incensed at the tone and intent of the those who are opposing this project. Basically, they have said that they don’t want “those kind of people” in their neighborhood. How exclusionary is that? These are the folks that live on University Bay Drive and along the hill on Shorewood Drive.

My workplace is right next door to the Pyare Square building and it is sad to see so much potential just sitting there dormant. I was hoping that a developer would come in and rehab the existing building and turn it into condos, townhouses, or apartments.

This proposed development would be set back away from University Avenue, but would be very close to the Black Hawk Country Club Golf Course and club house (a private country club).

If you are interested in this controversy, I would encourage you to read the news article posted by GTO MAN and read the subsequent postings on madison.com. In my mind, this issue is not really about a construction project, but about a small group of “blue bloods” trying to insulate and isolate their little slice of heaven, from everyone who doesn’t have what they have.

moparkid25
    Participant

I see the concern by the people who live in that area. Given what Allied Drive, Darbo Drive, and Badger Road have turned into since they were developed.

Low income housing will bring crime. I can’t tell you why, but it always seems to happen. Drugs, shootings, gangs, prostitution – I wouldn’t want to raise a family in that setting.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.