Welcome Forum The Lounge Should we move Off Topic?

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

lwrwench brought up a good idea about moving Off Topic to the top of the forum, therefore bringing more users and making it easier for car buffs to chat about stuff other than cars when they feel like it. What do you think, good idea or bad idea?

Viewing 5 replies - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

G I have to vote no on this as well. Every car messageboard that I am involved with never post their off-topic forum on the top. Usually the top is reserved for a New Members Forum, a chance for newbies to introduce themselves immediately. It is then followed in this order:

Car Tech
    Stereo & Appearance
    News
    Meets & Gatherings
    Off-Topic
    Regional Forums
    Site Feedback & Suggestions
    Test Forum
    Message Archive

WCC’s focus is on cars and motorsports and I feel that those topics should serve as the main focus with off-topic as an after thought.

GTO Man
    Quote:
    G I have to vote no on this as well. Every car messageboard that I am involved with never post their off-topic forum on the top. Usually the top is reserved for a New Members Forum, a chance for newbies to introduce themselves immediately. It is then followed in this order:

Car Tech
    Stereo & Appearance
    News
    Meets & Gatherings
    Off-Topic
    Regional Forums
    Test Forum
    Message Archive

WCC’s focus is on cars and motorsports and I feel that those topics should serve as the main focus with off-topic as an after thought.

Well said.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:

Car Tech
    Stereo & Appearance
    News
    Meets & Gatherings
    Off-Topic
    Regional Forums
    Test Forum
    Message Archive

Do you think we should add any of those forums (or take away any) like Stereo & Appearance or something like that or is it great just how it is?

Thanks for your input everyone!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I can see the following structure to WCC:

News
    Car Tech
    Stereo & Appearance
    Meets & Gatherings
    Photos & Video
    Off-Topic & Partner Sites
    Test Forum

Message Archive can come into play at some point but the board is too new for it’s justification. We don’t have very much activity across the board to create regional forums.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Where do you see Meets and Gatherings? Do you think there should be a sticky for this somewhere?

Viewing 5 replies - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.