We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Shows from the Past

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

Are there any shows that are not taking place now that you wish were?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Amigo2k

Way back in 1993 there was a show, in which the cars were parked around the capitol on a Sunday … great location for a car show …

circletrack
    Participant

We’ve attended some great shows through the years.. I remember going to a few at the Black Bear in Cottage Grove that were always great. Loved having World of Wheels in the Coliseum, and all the shows held there.

I’ll have to think about some…

Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

I miss the Armory show, ran by Sgt Kevin N. Even though it was participant ballot, it was a fun show.

moparkid25
    Participant
    Eclipse_Tuner wrote:
    I miss the Armory show, ran by Sgt Kevin N. Even though it was participant ballot, it was a fun show.

+1.

moparkid25
    Participant

Had to think about this one, because there’s shows I wished still took place, and shows I wish didn’t go down the toilet.

-The show that was put on by an older car club that took place at the VFW. I won my first 1st place trophy with my red Charger there. Its one of those trophies that actually means something. That was the last year that show took place.

-Mt. Horeb used to have a good show during the Frolic, but that has since moved to Verona during Hometown Days. I hope the Springdale Lutheran Church show grows and brings some excitement back to town!!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    circletrack wrote:
    We’ve attended some great shows through the years.. I remember going to a few at the Black Bear in Cottage Grove that were always great.

This little show at the Black Bear in Cottage Grove outgre that location and moved to the VFW on County CV and became the Klassarama. The organizers of this show were Dean Ross, Al Peck, and Russ Tollefson, and a couple others. Believe it or not, their show grew and thrived for 24 years, one year short of the 25th anniversary, before it fell out of grace with the VFW and went away.

moparkid25
    Participant
    MMRJR wrote:
    circletrack wrote:
    We’ve attended some great shows through the years.. I remember going to a few at the Black Bear in Cottage Grove that were always great.

This little show at the Black Bear in Cottage Grove outgre that location and moved to the VFW on County CV and became the Klassarama. The organizers of this show were Dean Ross, Al Peck, and Russ Tollefson, and a couple others. Believe it or not, their show grew and thrived for 24 years, one year short of the 25th anniversary, before it fell out of grace with the VFW and went away.

Klassarama…. That’s the show I was talking about. Couldn’t remember the name, thanks Marshall!!

circletrack
    Participant

Yep, remember going to those shows for years… Last I heard several of their members are not in good health, which is a shame. I’m glad someone else started up a show at the VFW, it’s a perfect spot!

They also had shows in Cottage Grove at what’s now Doubledays. It’s been called Neil’s Diamond and I know something else when shows were held there.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.