We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Site Upgrade

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

FYI

We are in the process of upgrading the site. You will see some changes within the next couple of weeks.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

The site has been successfully migrated to the new platform. There are a few things that still need some work, including:

• you cannot currently set an avatar (user picture on the forum)
    • the form for adding a new show to the calendar needs some formatting fixes
    • there are formatting issues when viewing events from a phone (small screen)

If you notice other issues, please post them here

admin
    Keymaster

Also you will get an email after you login to the new site for the first time telling you that your password has been changed – you can just ignore this email.

GTO Man

Let us know any feedback you have on the upgraded site, colors, background, ease of use, etc.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

You can upload an avatar now by visiting your profile (click on the “Profile” link on the left-hand side or click here).

I also fixed the styling problem on the Add Event page.

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Garibaldi.
    • This reply was modified 7 years ago by Garibaldi.
    Amigo2k

the car show review section is now gone?

Also, the Notify me of follow up replies via email is turned on by default.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Yes, we decided to close down Rate The Show due to lack of interest (we only saw 1 review at most on the majority of the shows last year).

The “Notify me” setting being checked by default is intentional. I believe if you uncheck it on one topic when replying, it should remember your own personal preference for future topics.

US Icon
    Participant

Rate the show is gone? Dang, I will miss that. Looks like no archives either? That was this sites best feature!

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Yeah we discontinued Rate The Show, however you’re the second person to express interest in bringing it back, so I started a topic to discuss that possibility:
    http://wiscollectorcar.com/forum/topic/bring-back-rate-the-show/

What would you find useful about the historical archives? Being able to see what a show you plan on attending was rated in previous years? I would think that only RTS entries that had several reviews (most just had only one) would be useful since one review alone isn’t necessarily representative

circletrack
    Participant

Are all the shows that were on the calendar gone?

GTO Man

They will be placed back on the calendar in the next week or so.

Amigo2k

Looking like Private Messages are turned off?

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Yeah the new forum software doesn’t come with that feature and since it was used rarely I didn’t invest time in finding a replacement. If there is demand for it, I can see what is available

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.