We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions Snowmobiling when you aren’t able to go Cruising?

• Creator
    Topic
    Zapper
    Participant

Does anyone do any snowmobiling in the winter time when you aren’t able to get your car out and go for a cruise?
    Was actually looking forward to a good snowfall to get out and do some riding.
    My daughter turned 12 this year and passed her snowmobile safety class and can’t wait to go also.
    All she wanted was a black sled with pink flames, LOL. How did I do??

[attachment=497]IMG_2390_2016-02-02.JPG[/attachment]

[img]IMG_2390_2016-02-02.JPG[/img]

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    maddog
    Participant

Looks great Jeff; give it some time winter isn’t over yet unfortunately.
    I spend my time during the winter in the nice war workshop working on my R/C planes.

[attachment=498]mikeyandstuka.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=499]intheshop.jpg[/attachment]

jonmandude
    Participant

This winter I have gotten into 1/24 scale slot car drag racing.

moparkid25
    Participant

I watch a lot of NFL, continue honing my bass guitar skills, and sleep.

FastWithClass
    Participant

Zapper…. IQ Shift 550??

I’ve been riding for 23 years. This winter is by far THE WORST I can remember. We’ve had some slow starts, New Year thaws, & a hit or miss 35* day before, but this winter… f^ck me! what a joke.

Anyhow rant over & you can blame me for a shit winter. I bought one brand new sled back in September & one used one middle of January. I will say, I got a heck of a buy on the used one in January. $1,200 BELOW book value. So, I guess one positive thing about this season is deals are to be had.

My current “collection”
    2015 Yamaha Vector LTX-GT
    2010 Yamaha Vector LTX-GT
    2007 Yamaha Vector ER
    1998 Ski-Doo MXz 440

Zapper
    Participant

FastWithClass — Yeah, that’s my daughters 550 IQ Shift. She moved from her Indy Lite 340 to the 550 this year.

You are right, worst year I’ve seen in a long time, but the deals are definitely out there now.
    I just picked up a new Polaris 800 Switchback with the AXYS chassis, deal was too good to pass up!

Currently:
    2016 Polaris 800 Switchback
    2011 Polaris IQ 550 Shift
    2011 Ski Doo 800 Etec
    2010 Ski Doo 600 Etec
    2005 Ski Doo Rev 600HO (For sale)
    and a couple of Vintage sleds that need restoration

Hoping to get a few miles on the new one yet this year, it currently has 9 miles on it….. :angry:

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.