We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows Spring Green Car Show 2008

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?)
    Parking Location
    Class Organization
    Trophies & Prizes
    Food
    Entertainment
    Judging
    Dash Plaque
    Variety of Cars
    Bathrooms
    Weather
    Trophy Presentation Timing
    Entry Fee
    Overall Rating:put overall rating here

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – A
    Parking Location – A
    Class Organization – B
    Trophies & Prizes -N/A
    Food – A
    Entertainment -A The model T build was fun to watch
    Judging – A
    Dash Plaque – A
    Variety of Cars – A
    Bathrooms – B
    Weather – A+ It was a perfect sunny day
    Trophy Presentation Timing – N/A
    Entry Fee – A 5.00 super cheap
    Overall Rating:A This was my first time there. A great show a great variaty of cars looked like over 200.

RivFan
    Participant

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – A, signage directing cars from Highway 12 was just fine
    Parking Location – A, great downtown setting with plenty of space between vehicles
    Class Organization – F, no parking by classes just first come first serve
    Trophies & Prizes – B, nice class trophies and door prizes were given
    Food – B+, Several tables selling brats, hot dogs, etc. Most of the downtown eating establishments were also open – a nice variety
    Entertainment – B-, 3-D Sound DJ – like most of ’em he got annoying
    Judging – F, participant judging – not my favorite. Probably the one thing that will make me think twice about going back next year
    Dash Plaque – Yep, I got one
    Variety of Cars – A, a very nice mix – maybe 200?
    Bathrooms – F, no porta-potties anywhere, had to go into a local business
    Weather – A, sunny & warm but not sweltering hot – a beautiful day
    Trophy Presentation Timing – A, on-time and moved right along
    Entry Fee – A, $5 is a bargain – even if it was participant judging
    Overall Rating:B+

In my view the only thing keeping this show from an “A” rating would be the participant judging, parking willy/nilly and lack of toilets. I just prefer a judged show, so perhaps this is not a fair criticism. It’s hard to do participant judging when nothing is parked in a class. Congratulations to circletrack on her class win (which was well deserved) and for accepting the club participation award. The best-of-show stock and modified winners were also well deserved. With the beautiful weather this was a very enjoyable day to spend at a car show.

Xman
    Participant

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – A
    Parking Location – A Great downtown setting nice shade.
    Class Organization – D Just listed by years either stock or modified.
    Trophies & Prizes – B Nice trophies and door prizes.
    Food – A Lots of brats, and hot dogs one place had a beer $2 cup. Better then $6.50 last week at Greedguys.
    Entertainment – B Sometimes very annoying at one point any car with wide tires was Pro Street according to the DJ.
    Judging – C participant judging I really don’t like walking around judging at a car show. Most of the time I just trash the form. I did walk around and do it yesterday though.
    Dash Plaque – I got one.
    Variety of Cars – A even a HUGE Radio Flier wagon.
    Bathrooms – A Very clean port-a-potties right across from registration table.
    Weather – A+ Almost perfect day.
    Trophy Presentation Timing – A Right on time.
    Entry Fee – A+ only $5
    Overall Rating:put overall rating here A

It was a nice show, I was going to check out the show at Dane. But gave into circletrack’s peer pressure. jumpy.gif

circletrack
    Participant

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – A great drive in the morning, very scenic. The show was well marked.
    Parking Location – In downtown Spring Green, which I like. The only thing I’d prefer is some of the local businesses are not happy with the car show, and it shows.
    Class Organization – None, but this is very hard to do with shows located downtown.
    Trophies & Prizes – Nice trophies, door prizes and the like!
    Food – A large variety ~ everything from hot dogs, burgers and ice cream. You didn’t go hungry here!
    Entertainment – I like the DJ a lot and have let him know. 3D tends to be very overbearing and annoying at times, and he did a great job all day long of keeping everyone entertained. A nice variety of music all day long (he even played Brittney Spears) when was the last time you heard her?!
    Judging – Participant judging which people love or hate. I liked the colored sheets making it much easier to find the cars you were responsible for judging. Everyone that won was well deserved.
    Dash Plaque – A nice one!
    Variety of Cars – Excellent! Many I haven’t seen before, everyone was friendly.
    Bathrooms – We had portables right next to us and I did see several scattered around. The bars were fine with us using there’s also.
    Weather – It rained in the morning but turned out to be a perfect summer day!
    Trophy Presentation Timing – Right on time, excellent job! The DJ had a hard time with some of the WI towns (Waunakee and Mazomanie) but will get better in time.
    Entry Fee – $5, you don’t find them any cheaper! I don’t know how Todd and his staff do it on that little money!
    Overall Rating: A

This is always a great show I look forward to all year long. Todd Newton really works had to make this a great show and it continues to grow each year. He’s open to suggestions, so if you saw something you didn’t like ~ please let him know.

Congrats to all the winners especially Bruce & Kathy Stewart on their Best of Show award!!! The Road Apples were out in force and came way with a well deserved club participation award. I hope other clubs notice how much we genuinely enjoy the company of each other and have a great time. Our cars are secondary (although the club is filled with nice cars), the friendships come first! :)

lordairgtar
    Participant
    Quote:
    Better then $6.50 last week at Greedguys.

Hahahahahahahaha

Quote:
    Entertainment – B Sometimes very annoying at one point any car with wide tires was Pro Street according to the DJ.

Which is why you hire a DJ that strictly does car shows, not a wedding jock. icon_punk.gif

GTO Man

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – A Well marked from highway 14
    Parking Location – A Great downtown parking.
    Class Organization – NA
    Trophies & Prizes – B Looked like nice trophies and door prizes
    Food – A Great variety
    Entertainment – B Some good music, not allot of the stuff I have never heard, that guy does like to talk allot.
    Judging – Participant
    Dash Plaque – B+ Nice plaque
    Variety of Cars – B+ good variety of cars
    Bathrooms – B
    Weather – A
    Trophy Presentation Timing – A One of the best trophy presentations I have seen. It was well organized and moved along nicely. The announce did a great job.
    Entry Fee – $5 I would pay more
    Overall Rating:A-

This is a fun show in a great small town setting. Many people walking around and enjoying the cars,

moparkid25
    Participant
    Quote:
    Specific Ratings (A-F):

Bathrooms – F, no porta-potties anywhere, had to go into a local business

What, the brick wall in the alley isn’t good enough for Al?

Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif

lordairgtar
    Participant

(he even played Brittney Spears) when was the last time you heard her?!

There is never a proper time for Britney Spears….ever!!! Especially at a car show.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    (he even played Brittney Spears) when was the last time you heard her?!

There is never a proper time for Britney Spears….ever!!! Especially at a car show.

Oops they did it again BangHead.gif

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.