We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions Spring Green Motors

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I drove out to Spring Green this morning, and spent a couple of hours with Rob Wilkins, the owner. Let me tell you, this is a quality gentleman who knows his cars and is enthusiastic about what he is doing. He has a brand new building, with a nice showroom and a beautiful restoration area, just a block or two from the Ring Brothers facility.

I am impressed with his knowledge and appreciate the fact that there is a special place in his heart for vintage mustangs, shelbys, and old iron in general. I did look at the white 66 GT fastback, and it would make an excellent entry level cruiser and local car show car if someone is looking to get started off right. I am looking to take my fastback up a level or two, or move up with something a little nicer and we talked about a couple of possibilities. I am giving Spring Green Motors and Rob Wilkins a big thumbs up. thumbsup.gif

Rob mentioned that he and his business would be amenable to hosting and or sponsoring a car show in Spring Green if there was a group or club who wanted to put the work into setting it up and making it happen.
    Circletrack, hint, hint. Do you think that the Road Apples would be interested in hosting a car show? Has the Road Apples ever done a show of their own???

Marshall

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    circletrack
    Participant

Hey Marshall… No the Road Apples has never done a show. Some have suggested it, but I always worry that the same group of people will do all the work, or you’ll have some that will agree to help and won’t. I’m not sure where Spring Green is, how far from Madison? Rob sounds like a great guy, we need more of those!

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Is Rob now a member here, under the name 70Boss? As you can see his profile shows that his homepage is the spring green motors website

Anonymous
    Inactive

Spring Green as a potential location, would be a pretty good cruise. It is about 15 miles beyond Mazomanie, or a 45 minute drive from Madison. I am not a member of the Road Apples, although I have thought about joining. My biggest concern would be having someone or a group of people close by who have actually put on a car show and could make it work. I, for one, would be willing to work at whatever capacity I was assigned to make a Spring Green show a success.

And, Yes, GMan, I think Rob did register on the forum.

Marshall

circletrack
    Participant

Marshall ~ I tell you what…. I know you’re well aware I’m a Road Apple and we have a new committee this year. We will be meeting in the next week or so to discuss our plans for next year. If you can give me more information I’d be more than happy to share it with the other members. One of our members tried to have a car show in Mt. Horeb this fall at Culver’s and it worked out fairly well, but with even more work/effort it could’ve been much better. Either send me an email or let me know if you’d like my phone number and we’ll talk. I’d love to help this guy get his business off the ground and if the club can help, I’m all for it. thumbsup.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, what can I say. Rob is now on the forum – his userid is 70Boss. I am sure that Gman is/will include him on the Madison forum. It might be best to talk directly with Rob or email directly to him. There is a contact link on his website, at http://www.springgreenmotors.com. I think it would be best for his input as to the scale of the show, the timing of the show, and most importantly, the location of the show. I am passing on his desire to potentially host/sponsor a car show next year.

I am available to help even though I am not yet a member of the Road Apples, to do whatever needs to be done. It seemed like a good fit to me. If other clubs can do it, why not a group like the Road Apples. The Klassic Kruisers show seems to be a succcess, as well as other clubs.

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I’ve added Rob to the Madison Forum so he can post here now

GTO Man

I see Spring Green Motors has a GTO for sale. It looks like a nice car a a reasonable price. He has a good selection of Mustangs at reasonable prices. It is nice to see a classic car dealer in the area.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nick – I should have given you a heads up about the GTO. That is truly one sweet car. And, a convertible on top of everything else. It looks like it needs some minor freshening up and maybe a repaint, but with the value of GTO’s in general, plus the fact that it is a convertible, the expense would be money well spent! Just about guaranteed to appreciate in value in years to come. Or, it would make a nice occasional driver or cruise car just the way it is.

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

What are the specs on it, what year?

circletrack
    Participant

1965 Pontiac GTO Convertible

http://www.springgreenmotors.com./?pg=8&ad=54

Pretty high priced if you ask me, but I’m just an observer too! Can’t imagine what the Chevelle would bring! w00t.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Looks like a nice car! I’m a big fan of the GTO, its a great work of art really.

By the way Marshall here’s something you might want to check out, circletrack as well. I was at Borders on University Ave the other day and saw a nice book – 40 Years of Mustangs. It has details for the last 40 years of the pony cars, including some great high res pics of them – including cobras. A great buy for $15. Its in the front section by all the registers. Just fyi

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello all, and thank you very much for the kind words. I have not had much time to post here, as we have been very busy finding cars and finding them new homes.
    Marshall…thanks for coming out to chat, my door is always open!

Rob

http://www.springgreenmotors.com

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.