We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows Spring Jefferson 2009

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

Is anyone going to be looking for particular parts at Jefferson? At least the weather is starting to change. It seems like years like I have had one of the cars out on the road.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

All depends on the weather. I never go if it is crappy. Anything there can be found by searching the net if you look hard enough.

I always just like walking around, talking to manequins ;)

Seriously, if the weather is good I’ll go. Sometimes you stumble on a good deal and considering everyone thinks the sky is falling there should be some good deals to grab this year.

Anonymous
    Inactive

If the weather cooperates, I will be there both days, Saturday and Sunday. Saturday is for walking around, looking at whats for sale in the car corral, and searching out parts (treasures). Most importantly, Saturday is for collecting as many car show flyers as I can stuff into my packpack. Sunday, I will bring my car and park it on the grass, and spend the day admiring cars and following up on anything that caught my eye on Saturday.

Marshall

moparkid25
    Participant

lilwillie wrote:

Quote:
    All depends on the weather. I never go if it is crappy. Anything there can be found by searching the net if you look hard enough.

I always just like walking around, talking to manequins ;)

Seriously, if the weather is good I’ll go. Sometimes you stumble on a good deal and considering everyone thinks the sky is falling there should be some good deals to grab this year.

Same here. If its decent I’ll go down. A couple years ago it was so cold for the end of April DDhemi & I were there in Carharrts, stocking caps, and gloves. Doesn’t make it really enjoyable… Or having to walk around in the mud for that matter. I like to cruise the car corrall and see whats out there, and go thru the parts, but I find it much easier to buy stuff online wether it be new or used.

GTO Man

Spring Jefferson will be featuring cars of 1969. What is your favorite model from 1969? What makes it stand out from other models of that year?

moparkid25
    Participant

GTO Man wrote:

Quote:
    Spring Jefferson will be featuring cars of 1969. What is your favorite model from 1969? What makes it stand out from other models of that year?

The 1969 Dodge Charger R/T. No explanation needed.

GTO Man

Went down this morning, arrived about 8:15, it was still dry. Didn’t take long for the rain to start and the mud to appear. Didn’t appear to be as many cars for sale as other years, of course weather had an impact.

Anyone else go to Jefferson?

moparkid25
    Participant

GTO Man wrote:

Quote:
    Went down this morning, arrived about 8:15, it was still dry. Didn’t take long for the rain to start and the mud to appear. Didn’t appear to be as many cars for sale as other years, of course weather had an impact.

Anyone else go to Jefferson?

I skipped it. Had a couple cars in the garage to finish up. The weather was in true fashion though…

circletrack
    Participant

Steve went yesterday and picked up a few things, including a new back window for the Chevelle! :) He went back today for a bit but didn’t stay long, the storms were terrible once they hit. Sooner or later we’ll get two nice days, the weather gods are not liking spring Jefferson the last couple years! :(

mdunn6
    Participant

1969 BOSS 429 , Had back shots on fri,weather SUCKED, but would rather went to jefferson or wished it was sunny for all that was going, today looks like a wash out !Could of got all my shop items.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have never gone on Friday, but I did this year, and I had a fantastic day, with lots of sun, but windy. On the downside, not all vendors were unpacked and many of the car show flyers were not out yet.

I went back on Saturday, early, and picked up many more car show flyers. I was able to walk and shop a couple of hours before the rains hit. I got wet, I got cold, and then I got in my car and came home. The temperature must of dropped 15 to 20 degrees when the rains hit. Parking got muddy and slippery pretty quick, too.

The highlight of Spring Jefferson would have been the car show today, but it is much too wet and muddy to even think about driving down to Jefferson today.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Hi Everyone,

It sounds like it was a typical Jefferson weather-wise. I’ve posted a “Rate The Show” for Spring Jefferson so if you went please take a minute and rate it:
    Here’s the link

If you took any photos at the show, please add them to the photo gallery or send them to me and I’ll post them!

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.