We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Sun Prairie Car Show

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you Road Apples for mailing a copy of the 2013 car show flyer.

I am inquiring about your Class C, Stock 1900 to 1959. Isn’t this a rather large number of years to group with just one class? Do you have any data from last years show as to how many cars would have been in a class this large?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    moparkid25
    Participant
    RedSoloCup wrote:
    Thank you Road Apples for mailing a copy of the 2013 car show flyer.

I am inquiring about your Class C, Stock 1900 to 1959. Isn’t this a rather large number of years to group with just one class? Do you have any data from last years show as to how many cars would have been in a class this large?

I look at it from this perspective:

Cars 1900-59, a 59 year span.
    -Remove the street rods as they have there own class.
    -Remove conertibles as they have there own class.
    -Any modified cars will go in the appropriate class (lead sleds, modified, etc).

What you have left is pre war model A’s, coupes sedans, and post-war coupes and sedans. Your not going to find a lot of 42-45 model year vehicles at shows since the automakers were building military vehicles during WW2. This leaves a small amount of vehicles left for this class.

Just my opinion, but Im sure circletrack can confirm as she is the President of the club.

circletrack
    Participant

Thanks for asking…

Last year we had a total of four vehicles in the 1900-1959 stock classes (that includes cars & trucks).

Zac is correct, the street rods have their own class, we added a convertible class by request, and if the other cars go into the appropriate class (something all shows have troubles with), the class should be fine.

It’s unfortunate that this class seems to be dying off at shows, there are less and less vehicles that fit into this class, some seem to be classified as street rods or rat rods due to modifications made.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.