We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows Swap Meets in 2006

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

What are people looking for at the 2006 swap meets?

I have a couple of things I will be searching for, one a carburetor for my GTO. I would like to find an original Quadrajet from 1968.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I’m looking for some prints as well as other random accessories. One thing I will say about swap meets (never fail) is that you always see something you would never expect. This element of suprise really adds to the fun, it’ll be interesting to see what suprises appear this year

GTO Man

The meets seem to be getting bigger and better every year, the sign of a growing hobby. Just look at the diecasts available, just about any model you can think of.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    The meets seem to be getting bigger and better every year, the sign of a growing hobby. Just look at the diecasts available, just about any model you can think of.

True, although that 56 peacock blue Tbird has still alluded us for years

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have to tell you about the neatest thing that I found last year at Jefferson (Fall Show). I bought a mini cooler, that looks just like an oversized car battery and it is marked up with Delco decals and terminals. I spotted this item and looked at the price and walked off. The more I walked and thought about it the more I decided I wanted it. It took some time for me to find the vendor that had it, and then I didn’t see it. I was so afraid that someone had come behind me and bought it. The vendor had just moved it to another spot, so I bought it and carry it with me to the car shows.

For this year – I don’t know yet what I will be diligently looking for. Obviously, NOS Ford, Autolite, and Rotunda stuff at Iola.
    Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I have to tell you about the neatest thing that I found last year at Jefferson (Fall Show). I bought a mini cooler, that looks just like an oversized car battery and it is marked up with Delco decals and terminals. I spotted this item and looked at the price and walked off. The more I walked and thought about it the more I decided I wanted it. It took some time for me to find the vendor that had it, and then I didn’t see it. I was so afraid that someone had come behind me and bought it. The vendor had just moved it to another spot, so I bought it and carry it with me to the car shows.

For this year – I don’t know yet what I will be diligently looking for. Obviously, NOS Ford, Autolite, and Rotunda stuff at Iola.
    Marshall

I’d love to see that, sounds like a great accessory!!

GTO Man

Another part I am looking for is an electric antenna for my ’68 GTO. THe current one in it stopped working last summer. I will only buy a new one but I expect there will be a vendor at Spring Jefferson.

GTO Man

There is a swap meet coming up this coming weekend Sunday April 9:

30th Annual Swap Meet And Car Corral – Onalaska

Check it out on the car show calendar.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Ah the first event of the season, what a great time of year!! I wonder if the weather will cooperate, have you heard any forecasts?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.