We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions THANKS …..

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I would just like to say thanks to those that I have come into contact with and gotten to know this summer. I am referring to G Man, GTO Man and of course, Circletrack. It has been a pleasure to speak with you and meet with you at the various shows this past summer, and I look forward to doing it again, on a much wider scale next year.

I have learned a great deal from you folks and I just wanted you to know that I appreciate your willingness to help a new guy with car show info and local info and especially your encouragement. I am bound and determined to come out of the chute next year with a much better car and hope to do much better at the local shows. I do have a couple of upgrades and improvements scheduled this winter and spring, so when that first show of the year rolls around, I hope to roll out a much better car and certainly get to many more shows that I did this year.

Thanks and I hope that all of you will continue to post over the winter and spring so that we can stay in touch. I am eagerly looking forward to the updated and 2006 version of the Car Show Calendar.

Kindest Regards,

Marshall

P.S. Anyone going to be able to show up at the Quaker Steak and Lube on Sunday afternoon?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

It was nice to meet you and all the other people I met at the shows this year. I learned alot also, and that is one of the things that make it interesting. This year the weather was good for most of the shows, except for some hot ones, rain was at a minimum. It will be interesting to see what shows fall by the wayside, if new ones take their place and what new ideas the car show planners come up with next year.

It sounds like you have some auto related projects planned. That always makes the winter seem shorter.

It will be interesting how much activity the forum and site has over the winter. I think it has done very well up to this point, and I don’t see any reason why that shouldn’t continue. I think we have some improvements planned that will be nice additions. I am ready to start putting the calender together for 2006. Depending on what is going on we would like to bring a couple of cars to Quaker Steak on Sunday. It will certainly be one of the last opportunities of the year.

Nick

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Glad to be able to meet you too Marshall, it makes the shows more interesting and exciting when you can share your different perspectives on them and talk about ones that you’ve missed. Let us know about those auto projects once you get them started, that is always a fun way to spend the long winter months.

I really enjoyed the car shows this year, they were a lot of fun and I learned a lot as well. Like Nick said we have some big site improvements coming your way soon, including a new Events Page that we’ll continue to add events to for 2006.

Andrew

circletrack
    Participant

I was late finding this page, but I’ve learned lots in the short time I’ve been here! You’re all very welcoming and even though I’ve never met you face to face (yet), you’re familiar with my car and have been at the same shows. This year was lots of fun getting out and I’m anticipating 2006 to be even better.

Didn’t get out to Quaker Steak this afternoon, I had an event with my kids. The weather turned cruddy quickly and it’s dark very fast now too, bummer!

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Glad to have you here circletrack! :D I didn’t make it to Quaker Steak either, the weather was pretty poor. Marshall will have to let us know how it was. Would anyone like a free email address at Wisconsin Collector Car?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry Guys – I am gonna disappoint you too. I was really up for todays event, but the weather turned about an hour before the event was supposed to start. So, I took the fastback out and went cruisin’ and brought her back home and into the garage. I thought maybe around 2PM or so it might clear up, but that didn’t happen either. I did cruise several miles with a Red GTO that I haven’t seen before, and the owner/driver wasn’t happy with me when I drove up on him. But, I did give him a big thumbsup.gif and a “nice car” and he settled down and we stayed side by side, up Fish Hatchery, up to Park Street. So, the afternoon wasn’t a total loss.

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Sounds like that was a good compromise, even though you didn’t make it to the show. icon_punk.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

G – Man, I am not so sure they actually held this event, with the weather being the way it was. And, if they did, you would have to be a glutton for punishment to stand around in the rain, or sit in your car waiting out the showers, knowing that you would at least need to wipe down or wash your car before putting it away.

If anyone did go out to this event, I would love to hear about it so that I can feel even more guilty about not making it to “one final event” for 2005.

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

You’re right, or if they did have a turnout it was probably very small

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.