Welcome Forum The Lounge The Wisconsin Collector Car Trivia Thread

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Ok here’s a new game for you. This thread will involve general trivia of any kind, that means anything on any subject. Post the answer to the question and then post your own question. Sound like fun?

Ok first question:

In Special Relativity, what does Einstein say will happen the closer to the speed of light you travel (hint: something about time)?

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

That is a good question!

Anonymous
    Inactive

The 2 pyramids Mopardude is talking about are the pyramid of sun”, and the “pyramid of moon”, located in Teotihuacan near Mexico City.
    The pyramid of Chichen Itza is in Yucatan close to the Gulf of Mexico almost on the Caribbean sea. sunny.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yup Teotihuacan, sun and moon is right! I climbed to the top of the Sun if I remember correctly. I have some cool pics if I can find them I will scan them and post a few.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

That would be cool to see those pics if you can find them! thumbsup.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Ok, here’s a new question for you.

What is the closest planet to Earth (outside the solar system), and how far away is it (in lightyears)?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Alpha Centuri?

Not sure of the distance but I think it is only 1 hour and 15 minute trip if you take an X-Wing.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Yeah probably! Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif

Anyone know the distance to Alpha Centauri?

Anonymous
    Inactive

40 light years I believe. It’s Alpha Centauri the closest solar system to us?

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    40 light years I believe. It’s Alpha Centauri the closest solar system to us?

Yep, its the closest one. Actually its 4 light years, you were off by just a little! icon_cheesygrin.gif

Ok, next question.

What is the word for car (seeing as this is a car site icon_cheesygrin.gif ) in Spanish (Hint: there is more than one word)?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Coche icon_cheesygrin.gif Olé sunny.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Muy bien. Puedes hablar espanol?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Un poco (pocco ?) I have learned English and German at school and a bit of Japanese, but I have never learnt Spanish.
    I have been many, many times to Spain on vacation, and a few times to Mexico (Not border towns) : Chihuahua, Chiapas, Yucatan…
    Being French, as Spanish is a roman native language, it is not too difficult to remember vocabulary, the basic word roots are very similar.
    I really regret not to know Spanish better, even if I understand some of it, my choice to learn German in high school was kind of hazardous, even if I still can read and speak it.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Un poco (pocco ?) I have learned English and German at school and a bit of Japanese, but I have never learnt Spanish.
    I have been many, many times to Spain on vacation, and a few times to Mexico (Not border towns) : Chihuahua, Chiapas, Yucatan…
    Being French, as Spanish is a roman native language, it is not too difficult to remember vocabulary, the basic word roots are very similar.
    I really regret not to know Spanish better, even if I understand some of it, my choice to learn German in high school was kind of hazardous, even if I still can read and speak it.

I can speak quite a bit of spanish, but the only other language I know is English. I don’t know any German or French, you’re lucky to have both of those!

hpdog259962
    Participant

English, know some Spanish & German but not much. Drogar-Dum(LBG).gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Que harias con un million dolares? Lo siento, no tengo los accentes.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.