We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows Trecek Car Show in Portage for 2008

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

I talked with Trecek. They won’t be having a Car Show this year due to the economy.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    circletrack
    Participant

I was told differently on this show… The owner is in ill health and the business has been turned over to his son, who has no interest in car shows and/or classic cars, so there will be no show. The show earlier this year in the park in Portage took the place of that show.

GTO Man

FWIW I talked with a salesmen who works there. It doesn’t matter what the story is, they won’t be having a show.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am sorry and saddened to see this show go away. The Tracek dealership was known to give away some outstanding door prizes over the years! This is another great show that unfortunately, has fallen by the wayside. I am optimistic that the Cruisin’ To Portage show will grow to become a worthy replacement for the Tracek Show in years to come!

Actually, I am seeing a trend at many of the shows, where it seems that our economy is affecting the shows. Just about all shows have been down in attendance this year with the exception of the Fox Lake Show, which grew by about 100 cars this year. But many others were down, especially noticeable was Blanchardville. Maybe it was the large number of Illinois cars not driving up this year that pulled the numbers down.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I agree I think the economy is a factor. Also it seems to go in waves too – one year there are few shows and then the next year there seem to be a lot more shows and then not all of them can be supported so the number drops off the following year.

lordairgtar
    Participant

I have to disagree on that one, Garibaldi. From the shows I’ve been to, attendance is the same or even better. The exception being Soerens Ford. It was down a bit. We will see as I will attend Elkhorn this weekend and shall see how many vehicles show. The weather will be hot and humid, so that will be a factor.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s too bad about the show. It was always a good show. The entry fee was very affordable and helpful to the comunity. Food for the food pantry. That’s a worthy cause. Especaily in these times.
    I think some show are down to the fact high gas prices that keep some people more local and registration fees going up. When you don’t care about the trophies like me 15-25.00 is way to expensive. When your work hours are cut. That’s what’s keeping me home more. I am sure that some others are in the same boat or should I say car. Maybe I’ll make Pardeville.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.