We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum The Lounge US Health Care System Ranked 37th

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

I am very surprised it is ranked that high. The board overseeing it is doing a poor job, Johnson& Johnson, Pfizer, Roche, GlaxoSmithKline, Merck & Co, Eli Lily, Bristol Myers Squib, etc.

Business Insider Story

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    moparkid25
    Participant
    GTO Man wrote:
    I am very surprised it is ranked that high. The board overseeing it is doing a poor job, Johnson& Johnson, Pfizer, Roche, GlaxoSmithKline, Merck & Co, Eli Lily, Bristol Myers Squib, etc.

Business Insider Story

It sounds like Paul Ryans next budget proposal includes repealing Obamacare, which is great though Im afraid it wont pass. We need to get the pharmacutical companies out of the politicians pockets, and get the politicians heads out of there asses.

lordairgtar
    Participant

How did they rate the countries? Ease of access? Efficacy of treatments? Cost to the individuals?

GTO Man

The rankings are based on an index of five factors — health, health equality, responsiveness, responsiveness equality, and fair financial contribution

The data used is from 2000 I believe. Since then I would assume the US has fallen further.

moparkid25
    Participant

Obamacare will drop us further down that list unless its 1. Repealed, and 2. The pharmicutical companies quit raping and pillaging the healthcare providers who 3. Rape and pillage the public so 4. Health insurance becomes unaffordable.

GTO Man

Obamacare isn’t necessarily the answer either. IMO, the current for profit model definitely isn’t the answer, it has been a failure as far as providing affordable health care. A local example of a not for profit success story is with GHC locally. They are the highest rated from what I understand with the lowest cost.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.