We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions Welcome!!!

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Welcome MMRJR, Circletrack, and GTO Man to the Madison Discussions Forum!!! I’ve been playing with this idea, we can test it out and see if its a good one or not. Basically this forum is a place for us Madisonites to chat about anything. Its a private forum, so only the people from Madison can see and read it. What do you think?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Does anyone know anything about rodents?

There is a burrowing rodent (about the size of a chipmunk, but kind of looks like a large rat) that has decided to burrow into my wife’s favorite flower garden (right outside our front door and picture window). I don’t know what it is, or more to the point, I don’t know how to get rid of it. It’s not a mole (too big, and there are no tunnels that would indicate that it was a mole, or vole). This guy comes out whenever he feels like it and just tears up my wife’s flower gardens, and I would love to get rid of him.

Any suggestions????

Thanks for the forum!!!

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Could it be a chipmunk? They like digging in pots and flowerbeds so they can bury their nuts or whatever (and then subsequently forget about them). I heard that salt or moth balls helps keep them away, you could give those a try.

BTW feel free to call me Andrew in this forum, since its private its okay! :D

GTO Man

If you know where it’s hole is you could put some posion in there. The only problem is you would hate to end up poisoning someones pet.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not want to repeat my recent mistake on the other forum….

I see that others noticed that pair of Shelby’s for sale at Jefferson. If they do check out, either one of them would be the buy of the weekend for sure at $65K or so.

Whatever this rodent is, it appears to be feeding on roots and bulbs underneath the surface, which makes me think it is a vole. I wonder if a mixture of ammonia and bleach which was cause a gaseous reaction that humans can’t tolerate, enough to drive this little critter somewhere else. I read today that one approach might be small slivers of cut apple on a large rat trap. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    If you know where it’s hole is you could put some posion in there. The only problem is you would hate to end up poisoning someones pet.

Yeah, that’s definitely something you don’t want to do. Sounds like a bad problem though.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am fairly certain that it is no ones pet, and I wouldn’t have a clue as to the appropriate poison to use for a critter like this. Ammonia and Bleach, or Gasoline, or ??????????

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not want to repeat my recent mistake on the other forum….

I see that others noticed that pair of Shelby’s for sale at Jefferson. If they do check out, either one of them would be the buy of the weekend for sure at $65K or so.

Whatever this rodent is, it appears to be feeding on roots and bulbs underneath the surface, which makes me think it is a vole. I wonder if a mixture of ammonia and bleach which was cause a gaseous reaction that humans can’t tolerate, enough to drive this little critter somewhere else. I read today that one approach might be small slivers of cut apple on a large rat trap. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Marshall feel free to call my Andrew, this is a private forum. thumbsup.gif

You could try a rat trap, or some other type of cage with marshmellows or peanut butter as a lure. Then when the walk in it closes shut.

GTO Man

There are commercial poisons available at hardware stores.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    There are commercial poisons available at hardware stores.

Here’s what you need:
    rat_co76.jpg

OR

rz2000-3.jpg

Anonymous
    Inactive

Andrew – Thank You, I am constantly amazed at your interests in many different things, including rodents. icon_surprised.gif

I suspect that you enjoy doing research. I really like the looks of that Rat Zapper!

Marshall

Anonymous
    Inactive

Also, before I forget to ask.

My Cruisin’ pal, Chris Houg, was going to register on the forum (1967 Mustang Fastback GTA big block, 390 – really awesome looking and performing car). On the vintage mustang forum, his name is “ponies”. Has he registered on the forum?

Thanks, Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Andrew – Thank You, I am constantly amazed at your interests in many different things, including rodents. icon_surprised.gif

I suspect that you enjoy doing research. I really like the looks of that Rat Zapper!

Marshall

Glad to do it Marshall!!! I have a quick Google search bar on my browser which makes it easy to quickly look up tidbits of info! icon_cheesygrin.gif

That Rat Zapper sounds like just the thing to take care of your problem! :salut:

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Marshall I don’t think your friend Chris has registered here yet. Please tell him we’d love to have him here, its always great to talk with another car buff from the Madison area!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Andrew, I appreciate it. We were supposed to get together at Jefferson, but I didn’t hear from him, and he hasn’t posted recently on the vintage mustang forum (VMF) either, so I guess his family issues are taking him away from car stuff for awhile.

I did go the hardware store today and picked up some poison (D-Con) in pellet form which I can use around my house since we don’t have any pets. But, I have also set out a pair of rat zappers, too?

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Thanks Andrew, I appreciate it. We were supposed to get together at Jefferson, but I didn’t hear from him, and he hasn’t posted recently on the vintage mustang forum (VMF) either, so I guess his family issues are taking him away from car stuff for awhile.

I did go the hardware store today and picked up some poison (D-Con) in pellet form which I can use around my house since we don’t have any pets. But, I have also set out a pair of rat zappers, too?

I hope Chris gets his family issues resolved in a good way for both parties.

That D-con stuff sounds like the right thing for the job, are you going to just start with that and then later branch out to traps if needed?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.