We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum The Drag Strip What are gas prices in your area?

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

In Madison as of 4/8/05 prices are approximately $2.28 for unleaded to $2.48 for unleaded premium. I just bought some racing fuel today at $4.00 a gallon. They warned me that they just got a new load in and it will be $4.50 a gallon.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    In Madison as of 4/8/05 prices are approximately $2.28 for unleaded to $2.48 for unleaded premium. I just bought some racing fuel today at $4.00 a gallon. They warned me that they just got a new load in and it will be $4.50 a gallon.

Yep, its the same here. I heard today on the radio that Americans will spend $5 billion more on gas this summer than last summer! icon_eek.gif

GTO Man

That will put a dent in the economy.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    That will put a dent in the economy.

Very much so. And its expected to really effect everything else now, hopefully they will start working alot more to develop alternative energy.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Right now premium is at $2.30 a gallon and deduct about 10 cents per lower grade. Unless we start to see a big jump in hybrid and hydrogen technology, we may have to expect the return of the econocar. icon_eek.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Right now premium is at $2.30 a gallon and deduct about 10 cents per lower grade. Unless we start to see a big jump in hybrid and hydrogen technology, we may have to expect the return of the econocar. icon_eek.gif

I agree. I think they should be devoting alot more $$ to researching alternative energy not just because of the high prices but also because there is a limited amount of oil in the world and it will eventually run out.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Exactly and I think the world needs to take notice that China and India has now evolved into major players in the world economy. Both nations are experiencing growth like they have never seen before. A result of outsourcing and expanding commerical business on a global scale.

Their citizens now have the means and mobility to purchase goods and services and items that were once considered high end amenities. Things such as cars and computers. The price for steel has rocketed skyhigh with no end in sight. Currently 30% of the world’s steel that is being produced is going to China and they are getting first preference because the Chinese companies are paying with cash on hand the minute it lands on dock. This drive up in steel has forced companies to purchase lesser grade which in turn has driven up their price.

Raw material for Titanium is expected to be at $19.00 per pound for the 1st quater of 2006. In 2004 Titanium was usually around $12.00 per pound. Scrap metal is now being sold in the teens per pound, a number nobody thought would ever happen for scrap. Since the demand is so high, the leadtime for steel raw material has grown to over one year and it wouldn’t surprise me that the rising cost of steel will increase the cost for buying a new vehicle.

Everything is being affected. Shipping costs, steel manufactured goods. It’s pretty bad when nuclear power is experiencing a revival.

GTO Man

That is interesting. Like you say China and India have alot of power in the world economy. You know their need for oil will be increasing, not decreasing. And they own alot of the US debt also. We have very little leverage as far as the price of oil and just about anything else. In what I have ordered lately the shipping costs have gone up alot. I ordered a fan blade for my GTO, the blade was $63 and it was &15 to ship it.

In my line of work, computer consulting our salaries have been undercut by outsourcing and the H1b’s over here. Haven’t had a raise for 4 years and don’t expect one this year.

I didn’t realize scrap was bringing so much, might be worth looking around for some easy pickings.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    That is interesting. Like you say China and India have alot of power in the world economy. You know their need for oil will be increasing, not decreasing. And they own alot of the US debt also. We have very little leverage as far as the price of oil and just about anything else. In what I have ordered lately the shipping costs have gone up alot. I ordered a fan blade for my GTO, the blade was $63 and it was &15 to ship it.

In my line of work, computer consulting our salaries have been undercut by outsourcing and the H1b’s over here. Haven’t had a raise for 4 years and don’t expect one this year.

I didn’t realize scrap was bringing so much, might be worth looking around for some easy pickings.

Yeah it really is a changing world, and like you said China isn’t going to just go away, they are going to really change world economics. What we must do now is wake up to the fact that we need to find alternative energy and start working towards that end.

Its terrible to hear that about your work, hopefully things will pick up!

hpdog259962
    Participant

Chi-Town in $2.32

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.