We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows What are your plans for car shows in ’08?

• Creator
    Topic
    moparkid25
    Participant

The highs and lows thread got me to thinkin’ about a good question for car show attendees. What are your plans for attending shows in 2008? Are there shows you won’t go back to? What about maybe attending some shows you didn’t go to this year, but you want to be at next year?

Its no secret that ddhemi and I are the best of friends, and have been since our last years of high school. Ike and I usually attend shows together, whether we both drive or one rides with the other. We were discussing the other night about how to take a different approach to car shows for next year….

No offense to anyone, but I’m tired of attending a lot of shows and seeing the same cars over and over again. Call it my short attention span, but I’m sure everyone agrees with me to some point. There were a few shows I missed this year, some due to me attending a different show held on the same day, and some due to car issues.

For 2008 I am going to take a different approach to the show season-I’m not going to attend any shows in the Madison area except for the Miller Mopar show if they have it again, which is under speculation at this point. Living in far western Dane County, and now at that point in my life where I am getting more responsibility and having to be more “grown up”, I didn’t attend as many shows as years past. I mentioned that I wanted to go to more shows that were between Mt. Horeb and the Mississippi river. Lancaster has a good show that I’ve missed the last two years. I also like going to Fennimore, Dubuque, Monroe, and a few other places across state lines.

I crave variety, which was one of my reasons for only attending QSL a few times this year. I didn’t only make Culvers once orr twice, but like I told circletrack, that time of day with the route I have to take to get there is a bit of a pain in the ass. I like Culvers, and am a member of the Roadapples yet, it was just easier to come home and relax instead of be in a big rush to get there.

It’s that time of year where we all begin to pack that four wheeled extension of our personality away for winter. I’m excited about next year and I’m a little excited about winter too I guess. Too bad it can’t last three weeks and warm right up again.

icon_headbang.gif

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    jonmandude
    Participant

This year I didn’t give myself much time to attend any shows, that is something I will change next year. I definitely want to attend Belvidere and at least a few others.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I agree with Moparkid25, the last couple years it seems that you always see the same stuff at local shows.

I think going to different areas of the state gives you chance to see what else is out there and make new friends with the same hobby.

Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

This year I took a new approach: I attended each region of WI’s larger shows, and then hit my favorite shows. It worked out pretty good in that I was able to see a diversity of rides and new clubs/people.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    This year I took a new approach: I attended each region of WI’s larger shows, and then hit my favorite shows. It worked out pretty good in that I was able to see a diversity of rides and new clubs/people.

You should try the Bayfield Rod & Gun Club’s show in Ashland, WI if you’re feeling like a road trip. It is a nice show with a beautiful view along Lake Superior.

moparkid25
    Participant
    Quote:
    You should try the Bayfield Rod & Gun Club’s show in Ashland, WI if you’re feeling like a road trip. It is a nice show with a beautiful view along Lake Superior.

Now, that’s a drive to a car show w00t.gif

icon_headbang.gif

Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

actually, went up there 2 years ago….great area.

GTO Man

I hit a number of car shows I hadn’t been to before this year. Like has been said to see different cars you need to go to a show outside of this area. I don’t mind driving a distance, thats the fun in having the cars. Next year I would like to go to Platteville for one. Also the show in Beaver Dam is in a great setting. The Milwaukee area offers many options also. There was one in August which sounded cool, Masterpiece of Style and Speed, It sounds like the MIS show could take off with proper advertising.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.