We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum The Lounge What is meant by….

• Creator
    Topic
    maddog
    Participant

“NO CARRY IN’S”

Had a little discussion about this at the last car show with some friends; Pardeville to be specific.
    My take on “No carry in’s” is that there is no alcohol beverage to be brought in with you, but a cooler with water, soda is OK.
    Others say it means No coolers of any kind, so no cold drinks of your own can be brought in.

What is your take on this; I see it listed at a number of car shows and I see people with their own coolers and drinks.

Just curious.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Blue55Chevy
    Participant

My interpretation has always been that this applied to the general public. When someone brings there car to display, they have
    expenses that the general public does not. For some this can be extensive. I’ve always said “who else in entertainment pays to
    entertain.” Pardeeville’s promoters have always expressed that this is a alcohol free show. I see no reason not to respect this
    request and commend them for not promoting consumption at this event as many do.

jonmandude
    Participant

I have never noticed this. My assumption would be “we sell stuff here, don’t bring in your own”..But after seeing y’alls comments I wonder if it is intended simply for spectators and also means “no alcoholic beverages”

moparkid25
    Participant

Every show I’ve been to that stated “no carry ins” never seemed to phase some people, they have their own coolers stocked with beer, soda, or whatever. I’m guilty of taking my own cooler at times, but as much as I like a good adult beverage my feeling is they no place with horsepower.

Gunner
    Participant

I’ve seen the phrase used occasionally on car show flyers, but I’ve never bothered to think about what it might exactly mean. Before this discussion was started, I thought it applied to alcohol (beer) and not soda or water. I say that because of several events that appear to make major money on the sale of alcohol (Fox Lake and Beloit Autorama, for example). I never thought that it would apply to soda or water, especially for those who are showing cars.

I have always carried a cooler in my car that is stocked with water and ice. I would go broke at a car show if I had to buy my cold water at the event and spend a lot of time going back and forth to get it, and a lot less time on cleaning up the car.

I would submit that this is a case of “rules are meant to be broken”. Not to hijack this thread, but what about the rule of “dogs not allowed” at this event or “dogs not allowed” at this car show. Have you even gone to any car show and not seen dogs during the show? Usually, they are brought in by spectators, but has this rule ever been enforced, anywhere?

moparkid25
    Participant
    Gunner wrote:
    Not to hijack this thread, but what about the rule of “dogs not allowed” at this event or “dogs not allowed” at this car show. Have you even gone to any car show and not seen dogs during the show? Usually, they are brought in by spectators, but has this rule ever been enforced, anywhere?

As a dog lover, my opinion on this is that the pet must be leashed and obey its owner.

At that Stoughton show a few weeks back, some guy who had a car there had his young Doberman running around him off the leash. Doberman’s are great dogs, but are also very hyper. Granted, I only saw this dog hyper with its owner, but my concern was if it were to see something of interest and jump on or in someone else’s vehicle. Small dogs I’m ok with, because they are usually well behaved and leashed. As always, if you bring your pet, clean up after it.

Not to hijack the hijack, but I love Dobermans. However, my homeowners insurance states I cannot have a dog that is a Doberman, Rottweiler, or Pitbull.

circletrack
    Participant

I’ve also seen this several times, we normally bring a cooler full of water & ice, never thinking twice about it. There is no way to enforce something like this – Saturday I saw groups with tables full of food & beverages. I understand the groups selling make money too and rely on others to purchase – but keep the prices affordable and it may make a difference. Charging $1 for a can or soda or small bag of chips they more than likely bought in bulk is making a pretty penny.

circletrack
    Participant

Dogs.. I don’t mind seeing them as long as the owners remember they need to take care of them. I can’t imagine walking around on hot blacktop when it’s 90 is fun for anyone, let alone all the people.. days like that, leave them home.

jonmandude
    Participant

Rachel, I am with you on this big time. I remember seeing people walk around at Spring Green with their “beloved” dogs. I kept thinking “what kind of jerkoff walks his/her dog around on hot pavement?” I could only imagine how uncomfortable that was for the dog. I wouldn’t have lasted 20 feet on that pavement barefoot and inches off the ground. I wouldn’t dream of subjecting my friend to that

intmdatr3
    Participant

Always thought this was for spectators at the show. We always have a cooler with us with water and soda filled with ice as some days can be very long and hot. I don’t mind dogs as long as they are on a leash and under control as well as please clean up after them. The other that really makes me on edge is kids on bikes. I have seen them loose control or rub up against some cars. Make me very nervous just my thought here.

moparkid25
    Participant
    intmdatr3 wrote:
    Always thought this was for spectators at the show. We always have a cooler with us with water and soda filled with ice as some days can be very long and hot. I don’t mind dogs as long as they are on a leash and under control as well as please clean up after them. The other that really makes me on edge is kids on bikes. I have seen them loose control or rub up against some cars. Make me very nervous just my thought here.

YES!!! Bikes should be an absolute no no at a show. Leave it chained to the fence outside.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.