Welcome Forum The Drag Strip What options can you not live without?

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

Which options when you purchase a car are a must have?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

CD Player – its always nice to have one, I guess I could live with out it though

Anonymous
    Inactive

Though we hear (way too much IMO) air conditionning is quite important in a car.
    I know it is not good on fuel consumption, but the systems now are less and less greedy.
    If I would chose an accessory, that one would be among the first ones on my list besides ABS, ESP, and direct injection.
    For long journeys, as much as short ones, I just can’t stand feeling uncomfortable in a car due to humidity or heat which in many cases causes irritability, drowsiness, etc, etc… often leading to accidents.
    I know that it is easy to open a window, but for how long ? And if if gets rainy, the general car atmosphere becomes a pure nightmare.

hpdog259962
    Participant

Uh… Uh… Uh…

Some kind of audio sys. (Casette, CD, 8-Track…)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Power windows and locks are a must for me. Although they add to the weight of the car they are convenient. Cruise control is also an option for me to use, especially on long trips but I’m afraid to use mine in light of what’s been happening to Ford vehicles.

An A/C unit is a must in the deep fried South. ABS and traction control are great tools but I’m afraid that such amenities is starting to take away from driver awareness and safety. The driver starts to have too much faith in their car. Just because a car has anti-lock brakes and traction control doesn’t mean a driver should have more confidence to drive in the rain and drive faster as a result. Driver skill is just as important as the technology in the car, if not moreso.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Power windows and locks are a must for me. Although they add to the weight of the car they are convenient. Cruise control is also an option for me to use, especially on long trips but I’m afraid to use mine in light of what’s been happening to Ford vehicles.

An A/C unit is a must in the deep fried South. ABS and traction control are great tools but I’m afraid that such amenities is starting to take away from driver awareness and safety. The driver starts to have too much faith in their car. Just because a car has anti-lock brakes and traction control doesn’t mean a driver should have more confidence to drive in the rain and drive faster as a result. Driver skill is just as important as the technology in the car, if not moreso.

Yep, and the driver needs to be prepared incase the technology fails. I agree that ABS isn’t an excuse to drive faster!

A/C is important, even here in the Midwest. It gets hot and like hpdog said it can make you uncomfortable, which distracts you from driving.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Cupholders deep enough to not spill anything.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Cupholders deep enough to not spill anything.

Well said! thumbsup.gif icon_cheesygrin.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

Automatic Transmission – I’m tired of shifting gears!!!

Air Conditioning – Seems like that is standard today.

CD Player – It came with my Dakota!!!

Limited-Slip Rear End – My Dakota came with it and I love it!

Cruise – My trucks don’t have it but it would be nice.

I don’t need power windows because they eventually
    become slower and slower!!!

I don’t want power door locks EVER!!!

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Automatic Transmission – I’m tired of shifting gears!!!

Air Conditioning – Seems like that is standard today.

CD Player – It came with my Dakota!!!

Limited-Slip Rear End – My Dakota came with it and I love it!

Cruise – My trucks don’t have it but it would be nice.

I don’t need power windows because they eventually
    become slower and slower!!!

I don’t want power door locks EVER!!!

Air conditioning is a necessity, I agree! In the summer the heat sunny.gif can be so unbearable it takes away from concentrating on driving, not a good thing.

Anonymous
    Inactive

(AIR) “HAVE TO HAVE” (AIR) sunny.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    (AIR) “HAVE TO HAVE” (AIR) sunny.gif

<Gasping for breath> Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just bothers me to no end to get out of the shower jump in a car and by the time you get were your going you all sweaty. I dont buy them without AIR w00t.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Just bothers me to no end to get out of the shower jump in a car and by the time you get were your going you all sweaty. I dont buy them without AIR w00t.gif

Yeah exactly it makes you think “what was the point of showering?”

Anonymous
    Inactive

thumbsup.gif My feelings exactly. Hey how about a shower as an option?

Guess they allready thought of that when they built motor homes. icon_rolleyes.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    thumbsup.gif My feelings exactly. Hey how about a shower as an option?

Guess they allready thought of that when they built motor homes. icon_rolleyes.gif

:haha:

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.