We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum The Lounge What would you park in your imaginary garage?

• Creator
    Topic
    moparkid25
    Participant

I was thinking about this last week at work. What cars/trucks would you like to own?

-The General Lee. Ive had two 2nd generation Dodge Chargers, but Ive always wanted a GL. Granted, this day in age, people are trying to be too politically correct and want to cry about confederate flags, but anyone that ever watched the Dukes of Hazzard knows that show is far from any predijuice.

-1976 Ford Torino Zebra 3 car. Also known as “The striped tomato” and the main source of transportation for Starksy and Hutch. In the show, the Torino was a mean machine with mag wheels, loud exhaust, and oversized rear tires. In reality, the car was an under powered, smogged out grandma car. One of these with a nicely built 351 or 460 would make for a fun straight line car.

-1963 Chevy Impala SS. Ive always loved these cars, and would jump at the chance to own one. The downside? Theres a lot of them around.

-1969 Chevy Camaro Z28. These cars are just bad ass.

1968 Ford Mustang GT fastback. My dad had one brand new when he was in high school, in Steve McQueen green. Not a real speed demon when equipped with a 302, but still a car that turns heads everywhere you go.

-1970 or ’71 Plymouth Hemi Cuda. No explanation needed.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    jonmandude
    Participant

Nice list Zac.

I have been lucky enough to cross a few off of my list. There are still a few

1) Above all I would love a 1969 Hurst SC/Rambler. Not a super power house, but there is something about this red, white, and blue brick that I absolutely love.

2) a 1970 Plymouth Super Bee. To many it is a butt-ugly car. To me it is one of the coolest front ends with so much metal sculpturing on the hood

3) 1964 Plymouth Savoy 426 Max Wedge. To me, one of the ultimate pre-muscle cars.

4) 1969 Yenko Nova, not the LT1 equipped Duece, the Nova. Less than 20 of these were ever built with a dual quad 427. I saw one on East Wash. back in the day. Left an impression

5) This one is a return..a 1970-71 Ford Torino. My first car was a 1970 Torino 500 with a GT grill and a 302.

6) Another return, 1972-74 Dodge Challenger. I would want a serious street stomper. Tubbed, slammed, and a big 8-71 sticking out of the hood.

I have had one of Zac’s list. When I was 18 I had a 1963 Chevy Impala. I think I would like a 1961 SS someday

lordairgtar
    Participant

Moparkid, I wouldn’t worry too much about the General Lee. most understand the car was part of a show and the show did not exhibit racist content. In fact, some years back, there was a person of African American decent that showed a GL at car shows in Milwaukee.
    My List…
    1969 Buick Skylark Custom in mist green and beige interior with black vinyl top
    1984 Dodge Charger…love those little front drive cars.
    1964 Buick LeSabre four door hard top.
    1957 Packard Hawk. Something about the Studebaker with a “dead fish on the dock” look I love
    Any year British Humber Super Snipe…that name just yells coolness.
    1976 AMC Hornet X 304 V8 hatchback in Kermit the Frog green.

mick289
    Participant

Very interesting lists. I have had some vehicles I wish I would have kept and some I don’t understand why I ever owned them. I lean heavily towards Ford products but I appreciate most other brands, even if their not around anymore.
    1. Thunderbolt or any early 60’s lightweight Galaxies. I had a 427 Galaxy with a transplanted 390 when I was at NWTC in GB.
    2. Avanti strange looking to some, but just don’t see them.
    3. Buick GS or GSX. Always was humbled by the torque of the Buick
    4. Another 4×4 fullsize van. I had a 1979 GMC and wish I had one now, a Ford though.
    5. Any early Mopar from the mid 60’s with those long Hurst shifters and 383/440 under the hood.
    6. S/C Rambler or the Time Machine both were so different.
    7. 1972-76 Ford Highboy. Back when 4×4’s were so basic.
    8. 240Z just fun to drive. Had a 280Z. They were bloated and never quite like the original.
    9. A convertible,big block, 4spd, fullsize, midsize, or pony. I never had one.
    10. Any Shelby with the blue oval. No Dakota’s, no Omni’s, no Aurora V8’s. Whether a Cobra roadster, an early Mustang or the current model built in Vegas. I had a ’70 which wasn’t a true Shelby. Still would like to have another, but this time not a Ford built one.
    11. I would find room to for any brand with a blower sticking thru the hood.
    The list is kind of long, but there are so many cars and trucks that you just don’t see that in their day were awesome vehicles. Living here in the rust belt those old pieces of iron disappeared to fast.

jonmandude
    Participant

not a bad list mick289.
    Always respected/appreciated the Stage 1 Buicks myself. One small correction, it is just “The Machine”

Amigo2k

1. Nova (any year) or A-body GM resto-mod with a LS1.
    2. 1955-1966 Beetle (I had one and I will have one again someday)
    3. 1970 Cuda (don’t care on the engine, I just like the body style).
    4. 1970’ish C10 Chevy short bed
    5. Thunderbolt replica
    6. General Lee (I grew up watching the show, so why not own one)
    4. 2002-2004 Z06 Corvette (as time goes on the newer ones will become more affordable.
    5. 2005 Lotus Elise (great out of the box track car)
    6. Nissan GTR (again a great track car)

GTO Man

1. 1969 Pontiac Grand Prix 428 4-speed
    2. 1968 Pontiac GTO convertible 400 4-speed
    3. 1969 Cadillac Eldorado
    4. 1968 Bullit Mustang
    5. 1969 Corvette 427 435 hp 4-speed
    6. 1970 Chevelle LS-6
    7. 1938 LaSalle

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.