We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum The Lounge What’s Dodge Up To???

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

Somehow I am not surprised, many dealers do not operate in the best interests of the consumer, IMO.

jonmandude
    Participant

I have heard the issue is more the customers than the dealer. I have seen comments on Dodge related forums. I see many that have gone to the dealer asked about placing a deposit…even when the dealers have told them “we can’t guarantee that we will get one”. The people demand to be allowed to put a deposit with the hope of being able to get one. The dealers take the deposit and it is all refundable.

The issue is that people are impatient and can’t understand the whole allotment idea. They think that if they put a deposit down, they will get a car, even when they are told they might not. Then it becomes the dealer’s fault?

Are there some dealers that might be guilty? Probably. But I would guess that most of the time it is the person who didn’t get the car, didn’t listen when it was explained to them, and think if they make enough of a stink they will get their way.

Gunner
    Participant
    jonmandude
    Participant

I am guessing that too many Hellcats effect the emission standards. The standards are set with an average EPA rating across the board. They have to balance between the cars to achieve a goal of (x many) MPGs. The Hellcat doesn’t get great gas mileage and too many of them brings the average MPG down……just a guess

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.