We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Which Company is Worse?

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

VW for intentionally changing the software to put out false readings or GM with their ignition switches?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    moparkid25
    Participant

I think VW is going to be in big, big trouble over this fiasco. Not so much in other countries, but definitely in the USA.

jonmandude
    Participant

GM’s problem actually hurt people.

VW just kind of played with the law. The law said it must pass emissions. And it did…..on the machine. The law does not state directly that emissions must be met at all times, only that it must test and meet standards. I think many who build cars can be accused of playing that game if they lived in an emission testing area. I know in Dallas there were plenty of us that would change the tune to pass emissions, or install the cats and remove them after passing, or even find a shop that would give you a pass. VW just did it on a grander scale.

I know in this current world we live in, saving the environment will take more importance than saving lives.

moparkid25
    Participant
    jonmandude wrote:
    GM’s problem actually hurt people.

VW just kind of played with the law. The law said it must pass emissions. And it did…..on the machine. The law does not state directly that emissions must be met at all times, only that it must test and meet standards. I think many who build cars can be accused of playing that game if they lived in an emission testing area. I know in Dallas there were plenty of us that would change the tune to pass emissions, or install the cats and remove them after passing, or even find a shop that would give you a pass. VW just did it on a grander scale.

I know in this current world we live in, saving the environment will take more importance than saving lives.

Your opinion is invalid. You don’t know the huge difference between illegal street racing and someone with a Hellcat whipping donuts at a car show :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

*inside joke*

jonmandude
    Participant

You used the wrong argument. The correct argument is “you’re not the boss of me. I’ve experienced stuff”

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.