We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Which type of tbird do you like the most and why?

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Here’s a new one for you, which type of thunderbird do you like the most and why? Personally I like the Classics, IMO they just have so much style and a look that is irreplaceable! w00t.gif

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I like the styling from 87-93. During this time Ford offered a few engine packages that lend itself to plenty of modification. From the 5.0 to the supercharged 3.8 and a turbocharged four cylinder. The styling cues were pretty slick for their time.

GTO Man

I think t-birds have had many good styles over the years. I had a ’88 Tbird Sport model. It had a 5-litre V8 and was very sporty. I had an ’85 which was a nice car. As far as the older ones I had a ’63 Landau for a while. They had an interesting design. My favorite though would have to be the classics, ’55 thru ’57.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The classic T’Birds just are my favorites, they have a certain elegance, a feminity… Something different.

I remember the first time I saw a ’57, I almost felt that this car had specially been built for a beautiful woman, really, for a particular occasion such as a princess wedding….

Then, when I lived in New Mexico, in Albuquerque, we had some neighbours who rapidly became friends and they had a 1960 ‘TBird, the “spirit” was slightly different…
    …But what a car ! sunny.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    The classic T’Birds just are my favorites, they have a certain elegance, a feminity… Something different.

I remember the first time I saw a ’57, I almost felt that this car had specially been built for a beautiful woman, really, for a particular occasion such as a princess wedding….

Then, when I lived in New Mexico, in Albuquerque, we had some neighbours who rapidly became friends and they had a 1960 ‘TBird, the “spirit” was slightly different…
    …But what a car ! sunny.gif

Yeah I agree! The styling is just so unique and it really stands out. Its just such a great car, its almost indescribable.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.