We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum The Drag Strip WInter Projects

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

Anyone planning any projects on their over the winter?

I will be getting the shifter rebuilt for my ’69 GTO Judge. Hurst offers a rebuild service. I will also be putiing in some new carpet possible.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

The Mustang Fastback is up on jacks in the garage and undergoing an interior update. I am installing an OE, year correct, center console that I have been refurbishing and restoring the past couple of months. I am also replacing the folding seat chrome trim and the upholstery on the rear fold down seat.

I hope to replace the steering wheel with an OE, year correct, wood Pony steering wheel, and put a set of dual redline tires on the car before the first show of next year.

Marshall

GTO Man

Sounds like an interesting project. Where will you get the steering wheel and redline tires?

I plan on buying some rear coil springs also. The rear on the GTO is somewhat low and bottoms out with any amount of weight in the car.

jonmandude
    Participant

I hope to do a couple of things. I hope to rebuild the front suspension, replace the bumpers, a new dash pad, and if I can afford it a new exhaust.

Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

Im planning on 2 new front seats, swap the rear bench for a center mounted half-bucket, and make a carbon fiber headliner.

Skinning the roof in carbon fiber.

Powder coat the intake plenum, all mounting brackets, strut brace, hood latch mech.

Polish and clear the valve covers and alternator bracket.

respray the front bumper and leading surfaces of the sideskirts.

Remake my rear diffuser in carbon fiber.

circletrack
    Participant

We’ll be taking the Chevelle apart here and there cleaning up spots we missed throughout the summer. Next winter will more than likely be the big project with GM quarters… 😯

Anonymous
    Inactive

No real plans on my end. I may order up a roof rack, floor mats, and I’m always looking for a vintage tach that I can hose clamp to the steering column. The bug is headed up to it’s storage spot on Monday.

moparkid25
    Participant
    Quote:
    I hope to do a couple of things. I hope to rebuild the front suspension, replace the bumpers, a new dash pad, and if I can afford it a new exhaust.

That dash is a chore! I would recommend having it re-done by a place in California called Just Dashes. Get it out and send it in now, because it will take them probably 4 months to re-do it. It’s worth the wait and the money!

Circletrack, why on earth would you want to put new quarters on that car? Is not perfect enough already? w00t.gif

I’ll spend this winter looking for another Mopar. Definetly want a B-Body car again. Get some stashed away and go shopping in the spring, that way I can park my truck in the garage this winter!

icon_headbang.gif

jonmandude
    Participant
    Quote:
    That dash is a chore! I would recommend having it re-done by a place in California called Just Dashes.

icon_headbang.gif

Just dashes is for the guages, which is another project later down the road. My concern right now is just the pad, which I can order thru Year One.

GTO Man

We had the guages on a GTX fixed thru Chrome Tech here in Madison.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.