We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows Wisconsin Collector Car to help plan 2008 car shows!

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

We are going to open a new section on the site in the coming months called Car Show Committees. Our aim is to help all the different groups planning car shows for the 2008 season by providing online tools for them to better find resources, communicate with each other, and receive feedback from car show attendees/participants about what they would like to see at their shows. Obviously the Rate The Show topics are a great resource in this respect but forum users will have an opportunity to provide input on more specific levels as well. My question to everyone here is what features specifically do you think would be valuable for those planning the shows? I have never planned a show myself so even though I have many features that I want to include, I know you will have more insight into this process and what problems arise. Thanks for your help!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Amigo2k

Break it down into topics (WBS = work break down structure; PM term); create the activity list (which mean further breaking down the main topics). Then compile all the ideas into one page or FAQ post. Send out emails to the folks that hosted shows last year. For continuous improvement (if it is in the forum) keep it open and let folks add posts to it. If it is good info the Moderator of the first post can add it to the first post).

1. Car show flyer’s
    2. dash plaques
    3. grab bags
    4. door prizes
    5. awards
    6. different things to do at shows.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

All great ideas. That type of FAQ will provide a comprehensive guide for anyone who is creating a show. We can then supplement that with feedback and opinions about specific aspects of each show through open topics. If anyone knows a car show organizer, please PM me with their contact info so I can let them know about this once it is done!

jonmandude
    Participant

What we told Will at Pokerville

Don’t add more than you can handle. Too often people stretch themselves too thin. If you don’t have enough help to do multiple things, than keep it simple. It is better to do a few things well than to cheapen many things by doing them poorly. Yes, it is always nice to offer the attendees a lot to see and do. But quality always overshadows quantity.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Good advice!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.