We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum The Lounge Wisconsin Road & Highways

• Creator
    Topic
    Gunner
    Participant

I can’t tell where our gas tax money and wheel tax money and additional counter fees charged by Dept of Transportation is actually going, but this is what it feels like/looks like as I drive the roads around here.

Attachments:
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

That is a good question about where the money goes. They don’t seem to care to put any toward the roads. And Wisconsin being a tax hell it is hard to understand.

The schools are another example of increasing costs for property taxpayers with little return. Madison is floating a referendum idea for up to $280 million to fix the 4 high schools. Maintenance should be a normal part of any budget. No wonder this state is losing rather than gaining population.

Gunner
    Participant

Just my humble opinion, but the Madison Metro School Dist is plagued with all kinds of problems – financial, leadership, behavioral, and the list goes on and on. I think the fix will start at the top with the right new school superintendent and some fresh faces and ideas on the school board. Most importantly, the high schools need to take back control of the schools from the students, and get parents more involved in their kids academics and activities. Maybe even hold parents responsible for their kids behavior or lack thereof.

Gunner
    Participant

Record heat predicted for this week – Hinders working on the roads and highways, even if money is available

Attachments:
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.