We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows World of Wheels Milwaukee

• Creator
    Topic
    Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

I just found out my car got accepted into World of Wheels.

Is anyone else showing there, or attending?

Viewing 13 replies - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    moparkid25
    Participant

I would prefer Saturday. Let me check with the Mrs. and see what her work schedule is. I’m sure DDhemi would want to go too.

mdunn6
    Participant

Good Luck !
    I will stop & say hi
    Do they have a lot of rules because of in doors ?

Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

Tons of rules…batteries must be mechanically disconnected. Must have less than 1/8th tank of fuel. And all cars must be certified by the fire dept. prior to entry.

I think Ive got it all set to go.

mdunn6
    Participant

Yes, I thought they would. Safty 1ST.
    Hope weather will hold out for you,It will be a good time for you
    Keep us posted

circletrack
    Participant

The weather looks like it’s going to be a challenge tomorrow. I may be thankful the Chevelle is nice and warm in storage… ;)

moparkid25
    Participant

Ms. Moparkid and I went Saturday night to WOW. There were quite a few nice cars at the show, though my favorite was the bronze 1969 Dodge Daytona. I ran into Eclipse_Tuner and got to chat with him for a few minutes. His car looked awesome, and he had a good display area.

Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

The show was really good. I spent hours at the Pinstripe Legends area. Overall, the quality of cars was really really good. Thursday was interesting…especially when the Fairgrounds organization completely dropped the ball. However, once inside, the show organizors were good, and everything inside operated smoothly.

I won Best of Class – Tuner, and recieved the ISCA Street Achievement Award for Tuner/Sportcompact.

It was a long weekend, but fun.

GTO Man

Congrats, sounds like a great time. How was the attendance at the show? How did the fairgrounds organization drop the ball?

circletrack
    Participant

Congrats! I stopped by on Saturday but you were pinstriping… The quality of cars was good, I did see more than one that made me scratch my head… (the orange 70 Chevelle). I hope next year the organizers give a bit more notification you were accepted, a week was impossible for me.

Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

The fair org. dropped the ball by not having anyone direct traffic by the gate to organize the mass of incoming trailers. It was such a cluster f!@! that trailers were backed up onto the street for so long that the State Patrol actually came in and forced the fair group to get things moving. Not to mention the 2 guys that were directing near the building…they didnt know what was going on, and kept conflicting each others directions. And Sunday night wasnt much better. Its easy to see why they are losing major events like Nascar and IRL (other than the fact that they cant pay thier bills).

But the show attendance was really good all 3 days…especially Saturday where it stayed packed until about 9pm.

If I still have my car next year, Ill definately show again (its going up for sale to start a new project).

Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

As for the notification of acceptance into the show…I had called a few times before Christmas to see if I was in the show or not. The 1 week notice was not acceptable.

Amigo2k

nice display:

16878_406543390047_185887725047_10394114_2263310_n.jpg

lordairgtar
    Participant

I was at the show Saturday with the Lovely Lori. We scored free tix to get in and only had to pay parking. Show was great. I really liked all the cars and saw some new stuff as well. John Ritzow’s 55 Chrysler was outstanding…not a boo boo or flaw on the entire car. Truly a testament to Troy Trepanier’s work. I also liked the 51 Ford built by the highschool shop class from Roseville High near Detroit. Those young people did an awesome job. The reason for the State fair people screwing up load in are as numerous as sands on the beach. Their handling of the Milwaukee Mile and the WoW show kind of says they don’t like anything to do with the auto hobby.

Viewing 13 replies - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.