We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions Worst Intersection In Madison

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

What do you think is the worst intersection in Madison? I can think of several bad ones but I think my favorite would have to be the intersection of Speedway and Regent.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow, There are so many that I have noticed.

Right out of the gate, I would say, University Avenue and Segoe, with everyone pushing yellow and red lights in both directions.

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Yep, that’s another terrible one!

GTO Man

One is Raymond and Verona Road, it seems rampant for drivers going thru red oights.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    One is Raymond and Verona Road, it seems rampant for drivers going thru red oights.

Terrible…

GTO Man

There are a number of areas in the city I go out of my way to avoid. The whole West Towne area is an example. I try to make any big purchases outside of Madison in smaller mom and pop stores. It may cost more but I would rather give them the business.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    There are a number of areas in the city I go out of my way to avoid. The whole West Towne area is an example. I try to make any big purchases outside of Madison in smaller mom and pop stores. It may cost more but I would rather give them the business.

Its worth it, rather than having the big conglomerates take over everything

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have seen, first hand, the carnage at Raymond Road and Verona. I drive past this intersection twice a day, and over the past 10 years of so, I have seen some horrible collisions.

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Avoid it at all costs!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I had forgotten about the congestion on the westside, around West Towne Mall area. That would include Gammon and Odana and Gammon and Mineral Point intersections. With the holidays fast approaching, it will only get worse.

How are things on the other side of town, with construction on East Washington? Is that all done, or is East Wash (Cruisin’ Blvd) still tore up? Although I wasn’t living in Madison back then, I have heard the stories of cruisin East Wash on weekend nights from end to end, back and forth. Some of the better scenes from “American Graffiti” certainly come to mind when I think about how E Wash was back then.

Marshall

GTO Man

I work out at American Family on the East side toward Sun Prairie. I very rarely travel down East Washington on the way home to the west side, maybe once a year. In fact alot of times I will shoot up I90 to Hwy 19 turnoff and go north of the city around the lake to get home. I try to limit travel on the beltline if at all possible.

I believe that East Washington is the big cruising area now. Back quite a few years every night the square was full of cars cruising. Alot of times there might be up to a couple of hundred of them, then they would go down East Washington.

GTO Man

Another bad intersection is Fish Hatchery and Greenway Cross. Another horrible one is Verona Road at the beltline.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Both terrible. Well the beltline in general! Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.