We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum The Lounge You Know You’re A Gearhead When. . . .

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Let’s see how bad we have it when it comes to our rides. dizzy.gif I’ll start off.

You know you’re a gearhead when. . .

you start having thoughts and plans of modifying your daily driver, even if it is a Toyota Corolla. nos.gif

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

…..you determine that your lawn mower responds very well to a port and polish job, but doesn’t like to run on nitro-methane.

Anonymous
    Inactive

You know your a gear head when you offer your wife a good

(SIX INCH ) chop Drogar-Love(LBG).gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

When you hear RPM you don’t think of Redhat Package Manager, you think Rotations Per Minute. icon_cheesygrin.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

When you have to apologize to your car for spending too much time with the wife or girlfriend. thumbsup.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

When you feel faint over the rising costs of gasoline.

Anonymous
    Inactive

When you make it a point to visit the auto parts store “just because”. icon_cheesygrin.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    When you make it a point to visit the auto parts store “just because”. icon_cheesygrin.gif

HEHE I have had that problem!

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote:

HEHE I have had that problem!

haha good one!

hpdog259962
    Participant

You can tell when your a carnut is if your’re a guy, you hate to go shopping at the mall, but you plan months in advance for a swap meet or to go junkyarding. :D

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    You can tell when your a carnut is if your’re a guy, you hate to go shopping at the mall, but you plan months in advance for a swap meet or to go junkyarding. :D

I have that problem too!

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote:

I have that problem too!

Me too!! I hate going shopping, whenever I go I always walk in knowing exactly what I want and right where it is so I can get in and out. But swap meets and car shows are different. I just browse and take my time. Yep, I’m officially car crazy!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote:

I have that problem too!

Me too!! I hate going shopping, whenever I go I always walk in knowing exactly what I want and right where it is so I can get in and out. But swap meets and car shows are different. I just browse and take my time. Yep, I’m officially car crazy!

HEHE Yup, me too!

Anonymous
    Inactive

This is when you truly know you are a gearhead and proud to say so.

A couple of months ago at work our HR director found a bag of marijuana on the shop floor and there was a meeting amongst the shop guys to address the situation. Later in the day one of the guys joked with me and asked if the drugs were mine. This was my response,

“First off I don’t know what the stuff looks like and second, if I had the money to buy the stuff I wouldn’t. I would use the money to buy aftermarket car parts!”

That my friends, is true acknowledgement and a badge to wear to the world that you are a gearhead. Drogar-BigGrin(LBG).gif

GTO Man
    Quote:

A couple of months ago at work our HR director found a bag of marijuana on the shop floor and there was a meeting amongst the shop guys to address the situation. Later in the day one of the guys joked with me and asked if the drugs were mine. This was my response,

“First off I don’t know what the stuff looks like and second, if I had the money to buy the stuff I wouldn’t. I would use the money to buy aftermarket car parts!”

That my friends, is true acknowledgement and a badge to wear to the world that you are a gearhead. Drogar-BigGrin(LBG).gif

Smart man, you have the right idea.

I know I am a gearhead when I spend all morning at work thinking up excuses to take off early, go home and take one of the cars out for a drive. And I have done that quite a few times. There can be nothing more relaxing than taking a drive on a nice afternoon.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote:

Smart man, you have the right idea.

I know I am a gearhead when I spend all morning at work thinking up excuses to take off early, go home and take one of the cars out for a drive. And I have done that quite a few times. There can be nothing more relaxing than taking a drive on a nice afternoon.

And I know I’m a gearhead when all day all I can think about is wiscollectorcar.com and getting on the forum. wave.gif

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.