We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Zapp’s Rod Shop now open

• Creator
    Topic
    Zapper
    Participant

Hello Everyone!
    Starting a new venture at my home shop, Zapp’s Rod Shop, located in Cottage Grove.
    I’ve been a member here on Wis collector car for about 4 years, although I haven’t posted much.
    I grew up in a car family and old cars have always been a part of my life.
    I’ve always had a dream to open up a shop someday and help others with their old cars, finally jumped into it.
    We are focusing on 1928-1980ish vehicles, and anything from minor maintenance to complete restorations.
    Things have started out really well and I have added some pictures of a few customers cars we currently have in the shop.
    Visit our our FB page at Zapp’s Rod Shop or http://www.zappsrodshop.com for updates and progress on customer cars.
    If there is anything we can do for you, or you have any questions, just let me know, or just pass the word along!
    Thank You!
    Jeff Zapp-
    Zapp’s Rod Shop
    608-695-5064

Honest work at fair prices, stop in and see us!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    maddog
    Participant

Any relation to Mike Zapp; I knew him back when the Madison Area Street Rods were around.

Zapper
    Participant

Yeah, Mike is my Dad.
    He still has his ’36 Chevy Street Rod that he had back in the MASR days, and that is his ’57 Olds 98 in the middle

Attachments:
    maddog
    Participant

SWEET Tell your dad Mike Pirkl said hello; I still remember you and your brother Tim when we would go to car shows together as a club; those we fun times.
    Hope to see you and your shop in the near future Jeff; and best of luck with the new business.

Zapper
    Participant

Mike, Good to hear from you and I’ll definitly pass that along to my Dad.
    Yeah, those were some fun times, I spent a lot of time in the back seat of Dad’s ’36 as a kid.
    If I remember you had a ’37 Chevy coupe back then, right? Your Red ’36 is looking good!
    If you ever make it over the Cottage Grove area, stop by and say Hi!

Jeff

maddog
    Participant

Jeff,

Good memory; yep I had a dark green 37 Chevy coupe.
    I got back into street rodding here about 5 years ago; bought a 48 Merc then sold it to get the 36 Chevy.
    It’s a slant back so it has no trunk.
    We will have to get together next year and talk because there are a number of things I would like to get done on the car next spring before hitting the shows for 2016.

[attachment=476]dscn0436.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=477]dscn0437.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=478]dscn0439.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=479]dscn0440.jpg[/attachment]

Zapper
    Participant

Mike,
    That sounds great, I would love the opportunity to help you out on your car! It looks GREAT.

Also, Thanks for liking our FB page. We have had a good response so far there as well.

BTW, Dad says to say Hi, and looks forward to seeing you someday and catching up on the old times.

Talk to you soon!

Jeff

Zapper
    Participant

[attachment=480]IMG_1938.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=481]IMG_1937.JPG[/attachment]

GTO Man

Looks like a nice shop. Will you pick up customer’s cars with the enclosed trailer? Good luck on the business.

Zapper
    Participant

Hey GTO Man,
    Thanks, we are off to a good start. We are very happy to be as busy as we are for just getting started.
    Yes, we will definitely pick up and deliver customer cars anywhere. The trailer has been getting good use lately :)
    If there is anything we can do for you, please let me know.

Thanks again!

Jeff Zapp
    Zapp’s Rod Shop

Zapper
    Participant

Just had DC Equipment from Sun Prairie install a new 4 post lift.
    Dave is a great guy and does a great job.
    Hopefully more lifts to come as business grows B)
    [attachment=482]20151111_172723_resized.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=483]20151113_191026_resized.jpg[/attachment]

maddog
    Participant

Looking good Jeff, looks like a full shop.

Zapper
    Participant

On Monday afternoon someone called me about renting my enclosed trailer. If you can, give me a call back so I can clarify your needs. I would like to see if I can help you out. When I called the number back it was a Am Fam number and the person that answered was not sure who called.
    Look forward to talking with you again!
    Jeff
    Zapp’s Rod Shop

Zapper
    Participant

Thank you to everyone that has allowed us to work on their cars as we get things rolling!
    We are off to a good start, and truly appreciate your support and business!
    We have wrapped up a couple projects which has allowed us some time to put the lowering kit in one of our shop trucks. We’ve been wanting to get this project done for a while, but have been busy :)
    I know the holidays are here, but we have winter rates going going and would welcome the opportunity to help you out with your project, big or small! I have an enclosed car hauler to keep your vehicle out of the elements!
    Call or email if I can help out!
    Thank you again, and Thank you Wiscollectorcar.com

Zapper
    Participant

I built this truck for my wife Amy in remembrance of her Dad that passed away 2 years ago. He was in the process of purchasing an old truck to drive around town. I got this done in time for the Symco Shakedown show. Now its time to freshen up the Flathead and swap in a 5 speed for better daily driving. Just thought I would share a few pictures. Zapper
    [attachment=485]DSCN2272.jpeg[/attachment]

[attachment=486]DSCN2277.jpeg[/attachment]

[attachment=487]DSC02698.jpeg[/attachment]

[attachment=488]DSC02714.jpeg[/attachment]

[attachment=489]DSC02715.jpeg[/attachment]

maddog
    Participant

Sweet looking truck Jeff; keep the pictures coming as the work progresses.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 88 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.