We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Zapp’s Rod Shop now open

• Creator
    Topic
    Zapper
    Participant

Hello Everyone!
    Starting a new venture at my home shop, Zapp’s Rod Shop, located in Cottage Grove.
    I’ve been a member here on Wis collector car for about 4 years, although I haven’t posted much.
    I grew up in a car family and old cars have always been a part of my life.
    I’ve always had a dream to open up a shop someday and help others with their old cars, finally jumped into it.
    We are focusing on 1928-1980ish vehicles, and anything from minor maintenance to complete restorations.
    Things have started out really well and I have added some pictures of a few customers cars we currently have in the shop.
    Visit our our FB page at Zapp’s Rod Shop or http://www.zappsrodshop.com for updates and progress on customer cars.
    If there is anything we can do for you, or you have any questions, just let me know, or just pass the word along!
    Thank You!
    Jeff Zapp-
    Zapp’s Rod Shop
    608-695-5064

Honest work at fair prices, stop in and see us!

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    moparkid25
    Participant
    Zapper wrote:
    I built this truck for my wife Amy in remembrance of her Dad that passed away 2 years ago. He was in the process of purchasing an old truck to drive around town. I got this done in time for the Symco Shakedown show. Now its time to freshen up the Flathead and swap in a 5 speed for better daily driving. Just thought I would share a few pictures. Zapper

[attachment=489]DSC02715.jpeg[/attachment]

You mean to tell me that truck isn’t getting an LS swap like everything else on the planet?! :whistle:

I like the old look shop/store truck. Adds a bit of class in today’s society, and reminds people of a time where you actually had to work for your money – The Government didn’t just hand it out.

GTO Man

Sharp looking truck. Are you rebuilding the flathead or putting in another powerplant? Very nice thing you are doing for your wife.

Zapper
    Participant

Sticking with the original Flathead, but it was worn out and needed to be freshed. It is going to get a 4″ Merc crank, Edelbrock Heads and intake, 2 carbs, etc…..
    The only change I am going to make to the driveline will be a 5 speed conversion so we can drive it more on a daily basis.

Zapper
    Participant

Another new project just arrived.
    A cool 1968 3/4 ton 2wd Suburban. Currently powered by the original 292 Straight 6 and 4 speed.
    Originally from California, and overall pretty solid, but still needs some rust repair.
    Rumor is David Freiburger from Hot Rod magazine and Roadkill on Youtube owned this truck a couple years ago.

[attachment=501]Suburban68-2pic.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=502]Suburban68pic.jpg[/attachment]

Zapper
    Participant

Cool Birthday Present!
    [attachment=517]ZRSHood.jpg[/attachment]

Attachments:
    Zapper
    Participant

Joe’s truck run’s 44″ Ground Hawgs!
    He stopped by for to have the Transmission freshened, some updates to the engine, and some nice interior updates including adding a tilt wheel.
    [attachment=518]Joestruck.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=519]Joesdash.jpg[/attachment]

Zapper
    Participant

Maddog let us pick up his 1936 Chevy 2 door for some nice updates.
    This is a VERY nice car, and we appreciate the opportunity to work on it!

[attachment=520]1936Chevy.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=521]OldACunit.jpg[/attachment]
    Out with the old A/C unit!

[attachment=522]NewACunit.jpg[/attachment]
    New Vintage Air unit getting ready to go in!

[attachment=523]1936Interior.jpg[/attachment]
    Also adding a power cowl vent, new fuse block from Ron Francis, new A/C controls, etc…..

More pictures to follow as we continue these updates and get Maddog ready for some summer cruising!

Zapper
    Participant

A few new projects have arrived this week!
    Thank you for everyone that has helped support us on this new venture.
    We certainly appreciate all the support!
    [attachment=533]46Ford.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=534]ModelA.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=535]68Lemans.JPG[/attachment]

GTO Man

Cool rides. Look like you get to work on a variety of vehicles.

Zapper
    Participant

Yeah, been a large variety so far. Each day we get to see something new and exciting to work on.
    From Original Model A’s, to Street Rods, Muscle cars and trucks. We like them all! B)

Zapper
    Participant

I thought these were some cool pictures of the shop with some VERY nice cars
    [attachment=537]Shoppic2.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=538]Shoppic3.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=539]Shoppic1.JPG[/attachment]

Zapper
    Participant

A few more projects to share
    [attachment=558]ZRSVicki1.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=559]ZRSVette1.jpg[/attachment]

Zapper
    Participant

[attachment=562]ZRSBUSH1.jpg[/attachment]
    Keiths’ Silverado in for a complete Ride Tech air ride suspension system

Attachments:
    Zapper
    Participant

[attachment=563]ZRSHallman1.jpg[/attachment]
    Hallman Lindsay back for some upgrades to keep it ready for the Summer Parades

Attachments:
    maddog
    Participant

Happy to see the shop is full and you are keeping busy.
    ;)

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 88 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.