Welcome Forum Car Shows 1st Annual Armory All Car Show – 06 July 2008

• Creator
    Topic
    Amigo2k

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – Pretty easy, I would recommend they put some signs out on East Wash to maybe increase the foot traffic.

Parking Location – Grass and blacktop;

Class Organization – They tried to park folks by class but it didn’t really work to well

Trophies & Prizes – Normal Trophies, and the door prizes included a few watches and ipod shuffles.

Food – Just Arby’s and bottle water (the word was the caterer canceled a few days before so there was the mad scramble to find someone to take over.)

Entertainment – An Amp, An ipod and 2 speakers. Which is perfect for a show this size.

Judging – participant judging. They gave you a sheet and you had to track down every class. I’m not a big fan of this. I prefer participant judges to have only a couple of classes, but still spread out all classes over all the participants.

Dash Plaque – none.

Variety of Cars – A bunch including lots of nice trucks. About 100 cars/trucks overall.

Bathrooms – Inside. Which seemed to be fine for a show of this size

Weather – 80ish sunny and breezy. A bit warm at times but it was livable.

Trophy Presentation Timing – about 30 minutes late, but this was their first time doing the show

Entry Fee – 5 bucks. Name one other show this year that is 5 bucks?

Overall Rating:B

Congrats to the forum posters on their win today: MMRJR (Marshal); circletrack (Rachel); MoparKid25 (Zac); ddhemi (Dwight); Eclipse_Tuner; Garibaldi (Andrew)

My only suggestions are:
    1. Fill the blacktop lot first and then the grass area in front of the building; with overflow out in the grass past the road.

2. Signs out on East Wash.

3. Not that this is possible…. have the show in a lot on East Wash (more traffic which would increase more walking traffic)
    [img]https://mywebspace.wisc.edu/rendres/web/carshow2008/amorypan.JPG[/img]
    Foose Edition Mustang:
    [img]https://mywebspace.wisc.edu/rendres/web/carshow2008/amory2.JPG[/img]

[img]https://mywebspace.wisc.edu/rendres/web/carshow2008/armory.JPG[/img]

The one thing I forgot to get in this video of RivFan’s Riveria was the famous window/rear end…
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcpTA0xsvQs[/youtube]

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    circletrack
    Participant

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – Fairly easy to find, a bit confusing once you got to the street it was supposed to be on to find it blocked. A few more signs would’ve been nice, I agree with that.
    Parking Location – I also agree on using the parking lot first and working your way back. The grass was nice, but it was a bit long and dry ~ hard on the feet!
    Class Organization – I know they tried to park everyone by class at first, but then let groups that came together park together, which I appreciate, but that makes judging all that more difficult.
    Trophies & Prizes – Most of the door prizes were National Guard related, I’m fine with that. Many didn’t know you had to purchase tickets to win the Ipod and other big prizes.
    Food – Arbys had great prices on their food. I’m sure in the future a bigger variety will be offered.
    Entertainment – I’m not sure if they had a DJ or just sound system, it worked out fine. It was hard to hear in the back.
    Judging – Participant judging ~ people either love or hate. For a first show I think this way the way to go. I didn’t hear any complaints.
    Dash Plaque – None
    Variety of Cars – Excellent! I overheard one count of 140, which is great first time!
    Bathrooms – Inside and clean! :)
    Weather – A bit warm and windy, but we froze last weekend, weather in Wisconsin.
    Trophy Presentation Timing – They were about 30 minutes late in judging, which is understandable for a first show. The inflatable “sargeant” entertained the crowd.
    Entry Fee – Reasonable!
    Overall Rating: B

Congrats to everyone that won at this show, it was well attended and seemed to flow very well. I’m sure they will make a few changes for next year, I’d like to see more garbage cans (that’s always an issue) and a few more choices for food, but they did a great job!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was impressed with this show!

Congrats, also, to Amigo2K for his Best of Class win! Way to go Ryan!

Weather permitting for next year, the size of this show could double. The kinks will all be worked out and it will be even better for 2009.

I would suggest:

1. Cutting the field grass on the day before the show, just a little shorter.

2. Dash plaques for next years show.

3. Instead of a first place and second place award, I would suggest three or more “Best of Class” awards for each class, and forget about trying to separate a 1st from a 2nd or a 3d place car/truck. The show could charge $10 to $12 and cover the cost of additional trophies. Since there were several classes with no entries, maybe the classes could be changed to fit the cars/trucks that attended this show. I really like the notion of keeping all trailered vehicles in a separate class.

4. In addition to the Best of Show Award (Congrats to Bruce!), the Commanding Generals Pick could also be a large trophy.

5. Overall, this was a well run show considering the obstacles that were overcome in a short period. This show was well advertised, and run with a minimum number of people helping. It seemed to go very smoothly and I didn’t hear anyone complaining, so I would call this one a success!

Marshall

Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – Simple location, but could use better sign placement.
    Parking Location – For participant choice judging style, you need to keep cars separated by class.
    Class Organization – Pretty good. I would suggest separating Imports into Imports Stock and Imports Modified.
    Trophies & Prizes – Pretty good. They should have made it a bit more clear that you had to buy tickets for the big goodies.
    Food – Arbys
    Entertainment – Good music selection played through a simple PA system. needed to be turned up for announcements, and needed a speaker or 2 facing the paved lot.
    Judging – Participant judging ~ people either love or hate…Im not a fan, but it works for a first-time show….Perhaps we all could help them out by volunteering as judges.
    Dash Plaque – None
    Variety of Cars – Pretty good for a first time show.
    Bathrooms – Inside and clean!
    Weather – Perfect.
    Trophy Presentation Timing – They were about 30 minutes late in judging, which is understandable for a first show. The inflatable “sargeant” entertained the crowd.
    Entry Fee – $5!!!!!!!!!! Freaking Fantastic!
    Overall Rating: B/B-

moparkid25
    Participant

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – B, I sorta knew were I was going and found some signs as I got closer
    Parking Location – B, the cars that sit a bit lower to the ground were weary at first but it was fine.
    Class Organization – Many different classes, next year they should park classes together. However it was nice they let you park together as groups.
    Trophies & Prizes – Trophies for 1st and runner up
    Food – I’m thinkin Arbys….. drool.gif
    Entertainment – Sound system with good selection of music. I can’t think of any other show where I got to hear Bad Company!
    Judging – participant, fine for a show this size.
    Dash Plaque – None, but this is a first year show.
    Variety of Cars – A, lots of local area cars and trucks.
    Bathrooms – Didn’t have to use one for once….
    Weather – Perfect
    Trophy Presentation Timing – A little behind schedule, but I give them the benefit of the doubt being a first year show.
    Entry Fee – $5, every show should be $5.
    Overall Rating:B+

Congrats to all the forum winners!!! I think this show will really take off for next year, with only a few small changes in order!

:nos:

RivFan
    Participant

Large cup of coffee for the drive to the show… $1.36

Fuel consumed by the 455 to/from the show… $16

Watching moparkid25 hug an inflatable National Guardsmen during the trophy presentation… Priceless

All and all an enjoyable day and a nice show. I would echo all of the previous suggestions for next year, and would not hesitate to go back. My preference is for a judged show, but participant judging is O.K. every once in a while as well…

GTO Man

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – Few more signs would help.
    Parking Location – Great field, grass could of been shorter.
    Class Organization – Fine.
    Trophies & Prizes – Nice selection. General’s Choice coin looked pretty cool.
    Food – FIne for having the vendor back out 3 days before,
    Entertainment – B A little bit of distoration, good selection of music.
    Judging – Participant.
    Dash Plaque – NA
    Variety of Cars – B+ Good variety for a first year.
    Bathrooms
    Weather – A Great, no rain for a change.
    Trophy Presentation Timing – B Little late but an earlier start than most shows.
    Entry Fee – $5 Great value.
    Overall Rating:B Enjoyable day looking at the cars and talking with people. Many good suggestions here on ways to improve. I thought it was one of the better organized shows, especially for a first time event.

Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

just a quick addition…Ending the show at 2:30/3:00 was a great idea. It wasnt too long, but it gave enough time for everyone to see everything.

i wish more shows ended early like that

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – A – although the signs were kind of small
    Parking Location – C – nice but the grass had clippings on it and could have been shorter
    Class Organization – A
    Trophies & Prizes – A – many door prizes throughout the day
    Food – B – good for the short notice they had, that makes it tough!
    Entertainment – A – good variety of music, not “the usual”
    Judging – A – participant
    Dash Plaque – N/A
    Variety of Cars – A – quite a few for a first time show
    Bathrooms – A – clean and inside
    Weather – A
    Trophy Presentation Timing – N/A didn’t stay
    Entry Fee – A+ only $5
    Overall Rating:A-

I was very impressed by this show – it was very high quality and well organized for a first year show and it was clearly popular judging by the number and variety of cars. It was also nice to meet up with so many car show friends whom I hadn’t seen much this year and chat. I look forward to this show again next year!

circletrack
    Participant
    Quote:
    Large cup of coffee for the drive to the show… $1.36

Fuel consumed by the 455 to/from the show… $16

Watching moparkid25 hug an inflatable National Guardsmen during the trophy presentation… Priceless

All and all an enjoyable day and a nice show. I would echo all of the previous suggestions for next year, and would not hesitate to go back. My preference is for a judged show, but participant judging is O.K. every once in a while as well…

img0433ds0.jpg

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Priceless! w00t.gif :banana:

moparkid25
    Participant

If I don’t say so myself, I’ve got a great butt for skinny guy thumbsup.gif

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.