Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions 2008 Dodge Challenger

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I am starting to see the new 2008 Dodge Challenger’s being listed/pre-sold on Ebay this week. The ADM or Adjustable Dealer MarkUp appears to be anywhere between 8K and 15K. w00t.gif

Delivery is indicated to be within thirty days of the winning bid.

Marshall

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    jonmandude
    Participant

All deliveries are said to start May first, according to Chrysler. I think the people that buy the first year will be disappointed when the second year comes out with a bigger engine with more HP.

GTO Man

It is getting allot of attention. I wouldn’t pay 8 to 15k over sticker for any car. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Don Miller Dodge/Plymouth called me this past Saturday morning to inform me that I am now #16 on the waiting list. A year ago I was number 60 at the bottom of page 2. Some people ahead of me have backed out. The folks in front of me have all paid deposits and are waiting on delivery of the 2008 Model Challenger. Since the 2008 model will be a short and limited production run, I won’t be able to get a 2008. However, I was invited to come into to the dealership and pre-order a 2009 to my specs, for delivery by the end of the year. The dealership wants a deposit ($1K is the minimum, refundable), but they won’t give me a definite answer on how much discretionary dealer markup (over MSRP).

I am in a position where I actually will need another family vehicle by the end of the year. I sold my Ford Escape to my son in August and purchased a Honda Pilot. My wife likes the Honda Pilot and wants it for her daily driver. My wife’s 2002 Toyota Camry (25K actual miles) will be passed on to my daughter, Kim, who is just starting driver’s ed. So, I actually need to purchase another vehicle this year.

Amigo2k

Marshal,

You sold me on your justification!

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Marshal,

You sold me on your justification!

Me too, this fantastic car would be very hard to pass up!

Anonymous
    Inactive

The problem is my wife thinks that this new Dodge dontknow.gif Challenger is a “Hot Rod” and not a respectable, family car, especially being orange, and “racy” looking.

moparkid25
    Participant
    Quote:
    The problem is my wife thinks that this new Dodge dontknow.gif Challenger is a “Hot Rod” and not a respectable, family car, especially being orange, and “racy” looking.

She don’t have to drive it…. thumbsup.gif

GTO Man

They will be auctioning one I believe at Barrett-Jackson.

jonmandude
    Participant

Yes, Number 1 I believe. Number 2 went on ebay. It will be interesting to see what number one brings.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.