Welcome Forum Car Shows 2010 – what’s your plan for car shows?

• Creator
    Topic
    moparkid25
    Participant

Its not too often when you all recieve a serious post from me. I like to have fun, and being a self-proclaimed “ultimate car guy” I have the most fun during the summer months. Being that its only the first part of February, I can’t help but get excited when I think about Automotion. To me, its the Daytona 500 of the car show season!!

I’ve made plenty of car show lifestyle changes the past couple years. Last year I bring my own lunch/snacks and drinks. I couldn’t believe the amount of money I didn’t spend! Not that eating food from a vendor is bad, but in this economy every penny matters. I also took a year off from buying die-cast 1/64 scale cars for my collection…almost. For what they get for some of those, I could go broke on any given Sunday. That was another place to save a lot of $$$.

This year, I’m going to incorporate more cheapness, er… frugality into attending car shows.

-Continue to pack my own lunches
    -Bring my own drinks
    -Resist buying collectibles I don’t need any more of
    -Ms. Moparkid and I are going to only take one car to shows instead of two, to save on gas and registration fees

However, I am going to invest more money in sun tan lotion. It seems I burnt myself a few too many times this past year, and I really don’t want to end up with skin cancer. I’m going to try to get as many good, shady parking spots as possible, and always take the tent!!! Still going to do what I did last year, and go to some shows I’ve never attended. I find this to be really enjoyable, as you see new cars and how other shows are run. It makes for a good day! There’s also some shows I won’t be going back to (I wont get into any further detail), but I am going to hopefully replace them with shows I’ve never attended.

How about you? What are your plans for 2010?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Amigo2k

I think for me it will be, again, a few less shows. Last year I went to 4 fewer shows and I’ll probably go to fewer again this year.

I’m planning on attending a couple of new shows. I’m planning on heading to a VW show in Effingham IL (they had about 1300 cars last year) and I’m thinking about driving up to the twin cities to check out back to the 50’s. I for sure want to hit up the cruise in, in Ft Atkinson and crossing my fingers that we see more poker run charity type events.

GTO Man

I plan on trying some shows I haven’t been to before.

mdunn6
    Participant

I want to go to as many as i can this yr.
    Saved up loose change for gas and entry fees, (It adds up fast if my son does not get into it) :laugh:
    & Put my bucket in the shop !
    Cheapness ; got to love that !
    Sell some parts laying around.
    Pray for SUNNY Show days !

Gardner – Westcott Company

wizards “Make It Shine!”

lordairgtar
    Participant

I will be trying to attend MORE shows. My first will be TorqueFest in Farley Iowa on May 1st. Also, I am now the official car artist at Solid Gold cruise nites. Feature car of the week will get a drawing by me.

Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

My plans are to go to more shows, and my wife plans on doing more shows with her z.

I also plan on doing more automotive artwork.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I’d like to try some shows I haven’t been to this coming season. Also, I think I’ll be sticking to shows closer to Madison rather than travelling farther away due to time constraints. I also want to really improve my photography and art at the shows and use some new photography equipment!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hit the shows that I know will be enjoyable. I plan on trying to hit more cruises, poker runs or rally events. I’m sure I will get sucked into running the show in Mazo. I had hoped to try and plan out a rally from bar to bar around the Mazo, Blue Mounds are through all these back roads but haven’t made it to far into planning. I’ve got nice routes, now I need to get some bars on board for stamping time cards. I think this project might go into 2011…

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.