Welcome Forum Car Shows 2015 Pinto Stampede

• Creator
    Topic
    78cruisingwagon
    Participant

Its time again for the Pinto Stampede. This year we will be traveling from Elizabethtown Kentucky to Springfield Il July 29th to July 31st.

2015 Pinto Stampede Theme : ” Opposites Attract “

The 2015 Pinto Stampede will cruise the scenic back roads of Kentucky starting in Elizabethtown, KY on July 29th and arriving in Springfield, Illinois on Friday, July 31st, 2015

Wednesday, July 29th the Stampede meets at the Super 8 Hotel in Elizabethtown, KY.. A meet and greet is planned for 4:00pm Wednesday night then its off to dinner at the Back Home Restaurant a 1872 country home housing a great restaurant.

Thursday morning, July 30th at 8:00am we Stampede to the Lincoln Homestead State Park featuring the original home of Lincoln’s mother, as well as replicas of the 1782 cabin and blacksmith shop where his father was reared and learned his trade. Lincoln Homestead State Park is one of the stops on Kentucky’s Lincoln Heritage Trail.

Then because “Opposites Attract” the Stampede will head South to the The National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, KY.

After we tour the museum The Stampede will have lunch in town and depart toward Kentucky Lake and some scenic drives around the dam.

The Pinto Stampede then continues north towards Paducah, KY spending Thursday night, July 30th, at the La Quinta Inn & Suites.

Friday Morning, July 31st, we leave Paducah, KY at 9:00AM and drive across the river to Metropolis, Illinois the home of SUPERMAN for a stop to visit the Superman Museum.

Afterward we head north for Springfield, Illinois and our final destination. The Pinto Stampede will arrive at the Route 66 Hotel & Conference Center around 4:00pm. Upon arrival we will check in and have dinner at Yesterday’s Restaurant located at the Route 66 Hotel & Conference Center.

Friday Night and Saturday Festivities – The Pinto Stampede will be participating in the Powerlight Abe Lincoln Car Show. Friday night after dinner, at around 7:00pm there will be the Powerlight Supercruise for thoes that want to cruise downtown. Saturday morning we will be attending the Abe Lincoln Car Show at the Knight’s Action Park.

Powerlight Abe Lincoln Car Show Info

Registration from 8:00am to noon

Entry Fee: $15.00 for Judged and $10.00 for display only

Awards will be at 3:00pm where 300 Trophies handed out including 20 Specialty trophies including largest club.

All registered entrants will be entered in a drawing for a $1000.00 cash giveaway.

Join the 2015 Pinto Stampede Today!

Email Jim Madison at bulletstopguns@yahoo.com

Hotel Reservations should be made as soon as possible and be sure to mention you are with the Pinto Stampede.

Wednesday, July 29th, 2015
    Super 8 Hotel in Elizabethtown, KY at 270-737-1088

Thursday, July 30th, 2015
    La Quinta Inn & Suites in Paducah, KY at 270-443-4800

Friday and Saturday, July 31st and August 1st, 2015
    Route 66 Hotel & Conference Center in Sprinfield, IL at 888-707-8366

Update, From Jim, 7/3/2015: This group travels to enjoy our cars-Get recognition and most of all the pride to say I have done this for our Veterans.
    To me driving Pintos to support the Wounded Warrior organization is most important. Pinto Stampede founded by Norm Bagi chose WWP as the charity for our group. We have raised over $30,000 since 2011.

Every year I donate a gun for us to sell raffle tickets to help reach our goal. This year I donated a Kimber 380 Concealed Carry Stainless Pistol. The Winner can get the gun or $500 cash. Tickets cost $10 each-3 for $20 or 10 for $50. I will have the tickets with me when I travel. I can mail these to anyone and encourage EVERYONE in our group sell tickets. Please contact me and I will see to it that you get some to sell. The drawing is Veterans day 2015 (Nov 11).

My contact info : Jim Madison 815-742-4867
    Call (no text) anytime.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

Sounds like a great time. Should be a beautiful route with some scenic driving.

78cruisingwagon
    Participant

I am finally rested enough to post about our trip. It was a lot of work , but well worth it. We had a total of 21 Pintos take part in this years drive. As one participant described it as like “herding cats”!! Keeping every one moving and on time to our events. Here is an article from the Elizabethtown KY news paper.

http://www.thenewsenterprise.com/content/ford-pinto-owners-cruise-through-heartland

[attachment=436]LincolnBirthplace.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=437]Corvettemuseum.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=438]faceoff.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=439]JeffersonDavisMonument.jpg[/attachment]

78cruisingwagon
    Participant

[attachment=440]PintoAirConditioner.jpg[/attachment]
    With temps in the 90’s each day the Limited Edition 2015 Pinto Stampede Pinto Air Conditioner came in really handy!
    [attachment=441]banner1.jpg[/attachment]
    The Abe Lincoln Car Show made us a banner. We also won the award having the largest club at the show.

[attachment=442]cruisenight.jpg[/attachment]
    The cruise on Friday night ended at a Scheels sproting good stor next to an out of business Quaker Steak and Lube.

78cruisingwagon
    Participant

[attachment=443]backtothefuture.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=444]dukes.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=445]herse.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=446]starsky.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=447]crash1.jpg[/attachment]

We had our first two casualties in 5 years. On the way to Paducah a 1980 with a 351 V8 broke an exhaust valve and took the engine out. He rented a u-haul and got home . On his way home to northern Minnesota, Brian crashed while avoiding a semi who locked his brakes up on I 94 near Osseo WI. Every one made it home with out being hurt. We has cars from Florida, Texas, South Carolina,Pennsylvania, Ohio, Kentucky, Wisconsin, Missouri, Minnesota, Illinois , and Ontario Canada .

GTO Man

Looks like a great trip, and the weather looks good. 21 cars is a good turnout. Glad no one was hurt in the semi incident or with the blown engine. Nice story in the Kentucky newspaper. And a great cause to raise money for, the Wounded Warriors Project.

When do you start planning next years trip?

78cruisingwagon
    Participant

Planning starts NOW! Talk is we may do Carlisle Ford Nationals again, the first weekend in June 2016.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.