We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows 2020 Car Shows

• Creator
    Topic
    Gunner
    Participant

Yep, this pretty much sums up what I had planned for this year

Attachments:
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

This may be the ‘year that wasn’t’. I things open up somewhat by late summer/ fall, it could be a busy time for auto events.

Gunner
    Participant

I have been reminding myself, frequently, that it never should be about quantity (how many car shows) but about quality (the really good ones).

This past year, 2019, I attended the least number of annual car shows that I usually attend, going back to around 2005. Yet, the few that I did attend all turned out to be enjoyable and worthwhile.

Some of the really good car shows have been cancelled for this year, but I am optimistic that the few remaining car shows in late summer and early fall will fill that need for quality.

GTO Man

No surprise but Cars on State has been cancelled. There will be allot of organizations really hurting with all the cancellations, especially since that is their main source of funding.

The hobby itself will be fine, unfortunately there could be long term effects on the shows themselves.

Gunner
    Participant

Totally agree.

Another annual car show cancellation was announced today. Waunafest 2020 is cancelled this year with plans to come back in 2021. Maybe the other Waunakee Car Show (fall car show put on by the GTO Club) will happen this year.

Gunner
    Participant

Evansville, WI Rumble In The Park Car Show, scheduled for 7/7/2020, has been cancelled.

http://www.ecp-wi.org/car-show–the-rumble-in-the-park.html

moparkid25
    Participant

Blanchardville is still on! As of right now anyway…

I only planned to attend a few shows this year, and those are still on. They are all also far, far away from Dane County. In my travels for work, the farther away from the state capital I am, the less afraid people are. It’s nice.

SC
    Participant

GTO Man – We are working on bringing Cars on State back to State Street – Madison in June 2023. I will provide more details as soon as I can!

GTO Man

That sounds good, it has been missed.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.