Welcome Forum Car Shows 5th Annual Gordie Boucher Labor Day show

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

THE INTERNET! SERIOUS BUSINESS!

mr_skeets
    Participant

I want to thank everyone that did come to the show. As for the coment the mopoerkid made in the rate the show area, I did say the he was very opinionated, and he agreed. I also said that when I read some of circletrack, ddhemi and his coments is I try to think are they that serious or am I just not understand it the way they ment it. They do get to more shows then I do so I might not see things the same way they do but, that doesn’t mean they are wrong. When anyone makes coments I do try to address them with the dealership. With the limited space they have we do try to keep classes together but in no time flat their out of space. Then we have to park where we can. My question then, would we be better to just park everybody as they get there insted? I want people leaving with a good feeling about their visit to this show. I know we (they) will not please everyone but we don’t want to make people so upset that they will never come back. There is nothing more than word of mouth that can end something faster. I do welcome everyone and even moparkid’s coments. Maybe when talking to him today I didn’t say thing very well, I didn’t mean that he was bashing shows. He did say this is the internet and not serious business so with that I think he not as harsh as it may come accross or for that matter what everyone else may say. Don’t dump the Rate the Show area, I know does help as long as no one takes it as bashing. Some times the truth hurts us. With this said I let thing go the course and hope we can work thing out with show. Again Thanks. mr_skeets

Luxuryliners
    Participant

A couple pictures I took with my phone (have many others but my camera is 14mp and the file sizes are too large for upload)

Luxuryliners
    Participant

Apparently that doesnt work either….thousands of pictures and no way to post them :(

lordairgtar
    Participant

Thanks for your input Mr. Skeets. As an organizer you know how hard it is to keep everyone happy. There will always be whiners and their will always be the laid back, I’m having a great time people. I’ve read this ratings area to help create a good experience in the small area that pertains to what I provide to a venue. Not everyone will be happy, but I try. What we’ve done in our car club this year was to provide a survey sheet to get an idea of what the participants want at a car show. Just put five or six sentences with a check box asking for opinions, maybe a yes/no format like this
    Did you like the live music we had this year? Yes or no
    Should we open the event to newer model years? Yes or no
    and then leave a few lines for written comments.

…and so and so forth. You can then take time after a show and evaluate the responses. This is what we did at the Fond Du Lac Corn roast this year. We got very thoughtful comments on many things.

circletrack
    Participant

I appreciate your input also and will just add that the three of us attend many shows and if we see something we don’t think is right, more often than not others know about it.

One of my pet peeves is shows that give 3, 4, or 5 awards to the same car, I’ve seen that happen quite often. Given the number of cars at shows today, there is no reason for that.

I thought this forum was designed to make shows better and that’s what I’m trying to do. I’m not a fan of every show here, and I don’t pretend to be. I’m glad your show went well.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Some of the thin skinned on here wouldn’t last a day on other car forums. And it’s just that. A car forum. It comes with the territory. If you want the spotlight you better be able to take the critics.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.