Welcome Forum The Drag Strip A car you’ve owned – which one do you want back?

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Of all the cars you have owned, which one would you most want to have back again today? Why/why not?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I tend to drive cars until they start falling apart, so I don’t think I’d want any of them back.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I tend to drive cars until they start falling apart, so I don’t think I’d want any of them back.

Not in their present condition, eh? Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif

GTO Man

I had a 1969 Pontiac Grand Prix. It had a 428 with 390 hp. They made a limited number of these with 4 speeds. Mine was an automatic. They can still be had pretty reasonably.

hpdog259962
    Participant

Only car I have lost.

1970 AMC Hornet SST. crybaby2.gif

montefrazer
    Participant

My 67 Chevelle SS. Of all the cars I’ve had, that’s the one I would want back. My favorite year for GM A body cars.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    My 67 Chevelle SS. Of all the cars I’ve had, that’s the one I would want back. My favorite year for GM A body cars.

Do you have any pictures of her?

montefrazer
    Participant
    Quote:
    Do you have any pictures of her?

No, but I can still picture it. Dark green body, black vinyl top, black bucket interior, 4 speed, console, factory tach. It had a blown tranny in it when I got it. I rebuilt the tranny and drove it for a year. Sold it and bought my first Monte Carlo, a 71. The Monte was the newest car I’ve ever owned. Only 3 years old at the time.

GTO Man
    Quote:
    No, but I can still picture it. Dark green body, black vinyl top, black bucket interior, 4 speed, console, factory tach. It had a blown tranny in it when I got it. I rebuilt the tranny and drove it for a year. Sold it and bought my first Monte Carlo, a 71. The Monte was the newest car I’ve ever owned. Only 3 years old at the time.

Sounds like a beautiful car. The Monte Carlo’s of that era are gaining popularity quickly.

montefrazer
    Participant

I’ve loved the looks of the first series Montes from the time they were new. The rest of the world is starting to catch up to me. thumbsup.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I’ve loved the looks of the first series Montes from the time they were new. The rest of the world is starting to catch up to me. thumbsup.gif

Just like Tucker, ahead of your time!

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.