Welcome Forum Car Shows A Hot August Night In Sun Prairie

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

sunny.gif Just a reminder that The Hot August Night in Sun Prairie parade and cruise-in is tomorrow, August 24. Line up for the parade begins at 5:00PM and continues until 5:25 PM at the Sun Prairie High School. The parade begins a 5:30PM. Parking for those not wanting to participate in the parade will be made available a 6:00 PM. We will be parking on both sides of Market Street in Sun Prairie. There will be Door Prizes, Food and Drinks Discounts,Jukebox Band Stand will provide the Music. A special award will be given out to the Best of the Cruisers participant. If you have questions contact me at summercruisers@yahoo.com. It will be fun. There is no admission fee.

http://www.sunprairietoday.com

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    circletrack
    Participant

Just who is sponsoring this event? Doesn’t 5:30 seem like an inconvenient time for those that work and/or live downtown?

Amigo2k

i would love to go to this but I would need to leave at 4 from the westside to make it to SP by 5:30 due to rush hour.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Sounds like fun, hope I can make it! thumbsup.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for posting Jim, but I am in the same situation. I work downtown and live on the SW side and it is 6PM or later when I get home. I could’t get out to Sun Prairie before 7PM with traffic as thick as it is between my house and SP. Best of luck with this and I am certain there will a ton of nice cars showing up, weather permitting.

Marshall

circletrack
    Participant

Drove by to see a handful of cars, did I miss something? The timing wasn’t good, most can’t make it by that time and traffic is always an issue.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes you did miss something. It was called rain. The entire event was cancelled. Sorry you wasted your time driving by. Thanks for checking on us.

circletrack
    Participant

That’s unfortunate, it didn’t rain a drop in Sun Prairie tonight. Hopefully the weekend works out.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

We got rained on here too last night and into today, there were severe thunderstorm warnings and a tornado watch for all of Dane County last night – and even some hail! It was pretty wet and miserable out. Did anyone have car damage from the hail?

I’m sorry it didn’t work out, the weather is the x factor in every show and unfortunately there’s not much you can do but surrender to the will of Mother Nature

circletrack
    Participant

We had the same storms last night and into today. The storm this afternoon came up quickly and was nasty, but left pretty nice skies behind it. I think we’ll get hit again tonight/tomorrow before it moves out for the weekend ~ HOPEFULLY!! From what I heard, the hail was only about nickel size, so not big enough to do much damage. Scary times! This has been a terrible summer for storms and rain.

Amigo2k

I have a co-worker whose car got nailed last night. Busted the windshield, and the car looks like a golf ball now. She said it was 3″ in diameter in Cottage Grove.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I have a co-worker whose car got nailed last night. Busted the windshield, and the car looks like a golf ball now. She said it was 3″ in diameter in Cottage Grove.

Wow, seems like we got off lucky here in Madison. There has been a lot of bad weather this year, especially a lot of hail. It would be nice if there was a protector available for your car against hail in case you get caught in it. Maybe something that you quickly get out of the trunk and spread over the car, then pull a string and like an inflatable life-boat it would fill with air, thus protecting your car from the hail impact (as long as its not too big)

circletrack
    Participant
    Quote:

Really? Wow, I hadn’t heard that! Bummer!

Did you hear about the cows getting electrocuted in Marshall? Scary!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I had some ” ‘lectrical issues ” around my house, Wednesday night going into Thursday. The GFCI (ground fault circuit interrupts) in my house are very sensitive, and with the lightning in the area and the large amount of rainfall (I read that Madison got over 4″ of rain during that period) and moisture around, both of them tripped and could not be reset. I checked them this morning and the humidity is down somewhat and there is little or no electrical activity (lightning), so I was able to reset them. But, for a day or so, the garage circuits were dead in the water (no garage door opener, no garage lights, no garage outlets, and no outside lights).

We did have alot of rain, but no hail in the Fitchburg area.

Marshall

GTO Man

There was hail a couple of times during the night on early Thursday morning. Supposed to golf today in Beaver Dam around noon. Hope it clears up for that. I think we have had enough rain for a while.

Anonymous
    Inactive

sunny.gif Rain Rain go away Please! I have received many e-mails and telephone calls concerning a make up date for this event. The sponsor has not given me a new date. I guess when you deal with the city there are a number of hoops you have to jump through to get something approved. I will let everyone know if and when a new date is set.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.