Welcome Forum The Lounge A sad day in Madison

• Creator
    Topic
    Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

I regret to inform you guys, that House of Horsepower got broke into and robbed over the holidays….

Ive only been airbrushing for them for a few months, and they are a great group of guys. Its just sick that someone would do that to a small shop like that.

Hopefully this doesnt do anything to shut down the shop…

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Amigo2k

That’s too bad.

I would assume they have insurance?

moparkid25
    Participant

I’d really like to feel sorry about that…yet I don’t.

Amigo2k

It looks like they lost their website too:

http://www.houseofhorsepowercustomhotrods.com/

Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

the website is in the process of being rebuilt…lesson learned about using Charter’s webhosting services…

The shop got cleaned out pretty good…bike frames, blowers, and pretty much every air tool and hand tool. Hurray for insurance.

Quote:
    I’d really like to feel sorry about that…yet I don’t.

?? had a bad experience with the shop?? its not really my business, just curious…

circletrack
    Participant

I did their website first time around and didn’t use Charters webhosting services. If it’s being rebuilt, it’s news to me.

moparkid25
    Participant
    Quote:
    the website is in the process of being
    ?? had a bad experience with the shop?? its not really my business, just curious…

Read back thru the Car Shows 2007 thread, its in there somewhere. I’m gonna go count my money…

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I’m really sorry to hear about this, that sort of violation is very frustrating.

Quote:
    the website is in the process of being rebuilt…lesson learned about using Charter’s webhosting services…

What hosting service are you using now? I would highly recommend a linux server over a windows one

Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

im not completely filled in with what they are doing to the website, all that i know is that it was having issues and was on a charter server at the time.

i guess that area of pennsylvania ave has been getting hit pretty often with break-ins and thefts over the past few months. Lance is considering building a shop out by his house, which would be nice cuz then he’d have a spray booth.

on the plus side, it sounds like the shop is going to continue to do the car show.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

That’s good to hear that they will continue to do the car show, is it planned for the VFW site again this year?

Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

currently it is, but it hasnt been officially booked yet

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Sounds good! thumbsup.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

Speaking of upcoming car shows, I received a flyer for the Boondockers Street Rod annual show coming up in early May.

Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

Same here…not sure if Ill go again, the crowd didnt seem to thrilled to have a tuner car in their midst.

Amigo2k

http://www.boondockersstreetrods.com/pdf/showflyer08.pdf

Here is the flyer. No mention of what the classes are.

Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

boodockers doesnt really do entry classes. its just open to everybody.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.