Welcome Forum The Lounge A Word of Thanks

• Creator
    Topic
    jonmandude
    Participant

I would like to thank any and all of you that have made comments about my not being at the Lube for the car cruise ins next year. You have all made me feel very good and made me feel like I did something to make peoples’ lives a little brighter.

The reason I am saying this is something I was told today. One of my friends from school works at Menards East Towne. He was asked by a customer, who had met him at one of the cruise nights, where I had gone. My friend told the person the story of my leaving and the customer responded by saying that they have no reason to return to the Lube now.

I have mixed feelings. One, I wish no harm to the Lube, but it is nice to be appreciated. The other feeling is that if people honestly feel that my presence will be missed, share that with the Lube. I helped build the Thursday night cruise in because I love cars and the people who share that love. I enjoyed each and every week, each and every car, and each and every one of the attendees. It isn’t often that you get to do something that you can enjoy that much.

Often in life we take for granted the little compliments we receive. I do not take the kindness any of you have shown lightly. I thank you.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Jon,

I had a very good time working with you this last year on the cruise nights and I know that you worked hard to make sure everyone was happy and that they knew we all appreciated them coming out. The cruise nights will continue at the Lube this year and I hope that the guy who will be running it this year will bring his own ideas to the table as well, it sounds like he is an enthusiastic car guy who really enjoys the hobby. I think that it is great to have a weekly event on the west side and especially at a place with the automotive theme.

Thank you also Jon for your contributions to the forum, you bring an interesting perspective and opinion to a lot of collector-related issues and its always great to see a new face on the site.

Amigo2k

Ditto…. I hope you have some time in 2008 to work on a new project car (I’ll keep an eye out for a 32 ford) and that you can hit up some shows this summer (including coffee and cars).

jonmandude
    Participant

I would like to think that any new person would bring some new ideas to the table, but I will tell you honestly that the Lube got my ideas before they let me go. I find it funny that that last couple weeks of summer they asked me for ideas for the following year only to let me go. So anything new will most likely be from my prospectus. I will be very insulted if they use my ideas. And I will let you know if the are mine.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.