Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions Ace Auto Upholstery Shop…..

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

located on Clover Lane off of Cottage Grove Road.

Has anyone used this shop? Any recommendations one way or the other. It occurs to me that I need to get on the stick and get my headliner project done before too much longer. I have touched bases with this shop and everything seems to be OK. With vintage Mustang Fastbacks, the windshield has to come out so I will also be replacing the windshield, rubber gasket, and possibly the stainless trim.

Marshall

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

I have heard of them but do not have any first hand knowledge. I believe they have been in business for a number of years. I have not heard anything negative about them. I will ask around for any input. What kind of shape is your headliner in? That certainly makes it a bigger job if the windshield has to be removed. Good idea to replace the parts while they have to be taken out anyway.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yeah, the headliner is terminal. It deteriorates upon touching and is probably just dry rotted. Believe it or not, I picked up several chips from driving back and forth from the car shows last year, and I started with some etching and scratching in the glass, so the windshield definitely needs replacing, too. So, I will get them both done at the same time, and prior to the show season, and all will be well sunny.gif

Marshall

circletrack
    Participant

Some of our members had Ace do their work and it was really nice but they take their time doing everything (which isn’t all bad), and at times it took weeks longer than promised. If you aren’t in a hurry, it’s probably worth it.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Some of our members had Ace do their work and it was really nice but they take their time doing everything (which isn’t all bad), and at times it took weeks longer than promised. If you aren’t in a hurry, it’s probably worth it.

I guess now would be a good time to have them do work then, the time of year when you can’t drive your car

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the input!

At this time of year, I am not in a hurry. So, a week or two later than promised will work. I just don’t want to get into a position where my car is down over a weekend when I want to cruise.

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Sounds good, let us know how it turns out!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.