Welcome Forum Car Shows AE Performance Car collection …

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

Many very fast cars, great collection. Really into the Aleen Mustangs. Is Saleen in business still?

jonmandude
    Participant

Saleen has ventured out to more than just Mustangs. He does some Camaro stuff and a couple versions of the Challenger. When I was shopping for my Challenger, there was a few SMS Challengers for sale in dealer showrooms around the country. 2 versions, the 570 (hp rating) and the 700hp 570x. Real nice body work. Similar numbers on his Camaros. I love the hoods for the SMS cars. They have butterfly valves that open with a cable attached to the pedal.very aggressive looking,

Here is his website
    http://www.smssupercars.com/

I believe he still has shop in California. There was talk about two years ago among the Challenger guys that he was moving to South Africa and losing employees. Also was talk of poor support and people getting superchargers that were incomplete and months to get missing parts or refund. But then we all know that not everything posted on forums is factual, so believe what you want there.

mick289
    Participant

He sold off Saleen and started SMS. Saleen Mustangs in the mid OO’s were far from what they once were. Not sure what ever happened to his “supercar”.

jonmandude
    Participant

According to Wikipedia (I know, I know) they made the S7 from 2000-2004 and the S7 TT from 2005-2009.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.